Xcal2 initial observations on my '07 V8 ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pat, have you had a chance to check the mileage on the 87 tune and driving something along the lines of a max range/endurance profile. Big difference in mileage on a V8 if trying to stretch the gas vs. opening it up.

This won't void a warranty unless it is proven that it caused a problem. You can re-flash back to stock, so it will not be an issue.

PRM - the 87 tune has been giving me worse gas mileage than the stock tune. The 87 tune keeps the ST in gear longer, which is nice, rather than shifting immediately. I'm seeing high 13's MPG in the city and about 18 MPG highway.

Sounds like Ford may have already tried all the tricks to extend the mileage with the V8. What MPGs do you get with the stock tune? I'm sure it will get a bit better once you get 5-10k on it.

The stock tune was giving me 14MPG city and 19MPG highway. So, a 1MPG loss isn't so bad. I'm babying it after my recent refill with the 87 Perf tune and am seeing high 13's city. I'm going to run the 87 Perf tune to Louisville and maybe switch to 93 when I get there.

I am working on that guys. Might do some datalogging on you 07s that will be there to help me with the tuning :)

Latest posts