xcal2 questions

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Draper

Reaction score
Since I don't have the cold air intake and/or the dual exhaust, would this item still be beneficial?

What is the "Rear 02 sensor" that is being disabled?

What I am looking at is hopefully an increase in MPG via this program tune and the 87 oct tune.

No interest in towing or anything like that, sounds like work to me.:)

Thanks,

Yessir, it will still be beneficial to you for the following reasons :

1. Improve the drivability. No more sloppy/sliding shifts, better/smoother power application, no more off idle stumble, etc.

2. Increase in hp, torque and mileage with either 87 oct, or premium fuel

The rear o2 is disabled for the off road y-pipes or other exhaust modifications.

Hi Wayne,

I am interested, just curious, on 87 oct performance tune, would I get a lower time from 0 to 50? Sometimes it is fustrating trying to get onto some of the roads here and blend in quickly.

Thanks,

Call tomorrow when we're doing the dyno, lol. I have the original XCal and I love it. I'm running 91 octane "race shifts" at the moment, and I can smoke the tires all day if I want to. 0-50 is great; I can take a Mustang in the 1/8 mile all day long. Plus, Wayne is great, and you can have programs upgraded in the future if you change something, like getting an intake or exhaust for example.

"I can take a Mustang in the 1/8 mile all day long".

Wow, I'm impressed, but I have a feeling that is not due to just the xcal. You have all the exhaust and intake stuff, plus more I would guess.:)

Thanks for the info.

You can smoke the tires with which programming on the Xcal2, really? Wow, now im really itchin to order it, just have to deal with my alternator/battery and ill be callin Wfoy ;)

I have the MAC Intake, and Dual Flowmaster Outs

I have pricing on the item already, but what I need to know is.... what kind of programming I need to go with? I have hte exhaust and intake now, but down the road, not too far I have to install the MAF, Headers, etc... do I need to send it back to have these setup??? Or does it store different things that I can just have it loaded up and re-flash as the parts are installed?

Thanks!

Chris, you can 2 up front programs on for the stuff you have now and and one for later and just switch when the time comes.. There is also a way to get tunes Emailed to you and you can install them that way..

OH AND WHO SAID SPIN THE TIRES !!!! ARGH ARGH..

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]: