??? xcal2!!! why can't I buy 1!!!!!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry C

Reaction score
off topic , venting here.

I have never had this kind of deal with trying to buy something. It's like no one want my money.

I started out emailing calling and post on there site to goth xcal tuners that seem to be good. HIA and Baum, who now only goes through EE. Which twice has changed teh price on stuff I've ordered. I paid it was still cheaper then anyone local.

So for 2 monthes now I've been trying to get info and order something. I end up ordering from HIA and now it's going on 3 weeks and nothing no email reply and I'm now just waiting tfor the CC to drop and I'm just going to pay out the butt and have a local HiOP shop do a tune on there dyno.

I just don't understand. I was thinking of a SC but now I think I'll just drive the ST witht eh tune intake and exhuast adn get etht GT500 next year on my wifes trade. I've never have issue tuniong a stang.

But everone here have been great adn thanks for all teh help. I'll be around.

:blink::unsure::wacko::huh:

WFoy seems to have abandoned this site. Try posting in the forum at hypillauto.com. I had the same issue you are having, and also decided not to buy. I can't imagine how many thousands in sales have been lost by WFoy not answering simple e-mails.

oh, not just him. they barum chips guy too. The thing is that I did place an order. So if I at least receive my order OK. But That hasn't even happened. So if/when teh CC transaction falls out that's it, I'm done with these guys. I was also going to buy an extra tune for my other Ford. So they where going to make even more money off of me.

I just don't understand.

I traded my old exhaust system to Wayne back before the ST meet in Louisville. Once I got my new computer code I sent it to Wayne so that he could send me the tuner for my ST. He said that it would probably be a while before he could send one out to me.. That was the last I heard from him. This was back on August 7th:

UTF5 is a good code sir. I will get working on the tuning. I cannot promise an arrival time as I am waiting on an order from SCT. But, I will get it out the door as soon as possible.

So maybe itis just that they don't have the inventory right now...

I have had an XCAL2 tuner for sale in the swap and sell for 2 weeks.

Warning to all, this does not guarentt it will work with your Trac. You may end up spending more, in the long run, then buying new. You may have to ship it out to get reprogramed to the same person that does not want to sell you a new one.

I think it is time to find a new chip sponsor since Wayne hasn't changed his ways.

Tom

Hmmm sounds like I should look into being an expert on the sct product and become a dealer of something!

I have also posted and emailed with no response. It hasn't been 2 months but a week. so....

I wish we could get this stuff going!!

Hey guys i have one of the top of the line ford v6 and v8 tuners and he does awesome work. He tuned my vortched 3.8 v6 mustang and it ran perfect. If you guys are interested i can give you his info. Mods i am not making anything of telling the other members this just promoting a good service to help the others out. If this is against any rules please remove it.

Well i will wait for the mods to approve me outting up his information. If they allow it i will be glad to. And im sure if you ordered it tom it will be shipped the following day.

LSUredfire,

You should just e-mail the contact information to the folks that express an interest, if you are afraid of breaking rules. My personal opinion is that it is OK, but it's not my site.

re: ??? xcal2!!! why can't I buy 1!!!!!!! by Caymen,8/29/2006 10:51 CT

Quote:

I have had an XCAL2 tuner for sale in the swap and sell for 2 weeks.

Warning to all, this does not guarentt it will work with your Trac. You may end up spending more, in the long run, then buying new. You may have to ship it out to get reprogramed to the same person that does not want to sell you a new one.

I think it is time to find a new chip sponsor since Wayne hasn't changed his ways.

Tom

Union and proud of it!!!

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac

"I can't wait until last year"

An xcalibrator 2 for Ford vehicles will work on any Ford Vehicle that has an OBD-II port. I am trying to sell a perfectly good tuner that is unlocked, and you are making it sound like it wont work. A tuner can be sent to ANY SCT dealer for reprogramming.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chad, the tunes can be customized for your individual vehicle. Adjustments can be made for Catback, Air Intake, MAF, Transmission type, etc. If someone buys your XCAL2 it may not match up to their Sport Trac as well as it was for yours. One example is that the 2007 ST has a different transmission. So by the time you buy the XCAL2 and get updated programs it could cost more than what it would be new. That's all Tom was saying.

Tom you are an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the compliment, I have been called worse.

An xcalibrator 2 for Ford vehicles will work on any Ford Vehicle that has an OBD-II port.

The Xcal 2 can not be used on just any Ford vehicle with an OBD-II port. I have one that it will not work on.

What I was saying, as Greg B. pointed out, once someone buys a used XCal 2, they must send it in to get programed with the proper ECU code programming. Provided the XCal you are selling is not locked, you would be just as well off buying new.

I am not trying to take away a sale, but I would hate to see a fellow member to feel he got screwed by a member on this website.

I looked into buying a used XCal here before. When I found out it would be more expensive then buying new, I decided against it.

To each his own I guess.

Tom

IF the Xcal that you buy WAS flashed back to stock on the vehicle, YOU CAN UNLOCK IT FOR FREE by using SCT's software... OR for about $65.00 bucks..

THE major cost comes into play when the owner FLASHES his truck with a tune and NEVER GOES back to stock, Then it is well over $150.00 to unlock.....

And Tom, did you do any thing about that lean condition we heard on the dyno....

Todd Z

I bought a xcal2 for Rose's expi (from Wayne) just before the louisville meet. 350+ bucks. It made her truck run worse, use more gas and was a total waste of money. now I can't get a hold of Wayne to return the xcal or try to get some of my money back. I used it for 2 weeks, returned it to stock and satifaction IS NOT there. Now I'm stuck with it and never a response from Wayne. The dang thing is "brand new" not even a scratch. This really sucks. And sorry to say, so does Wayne's customer service.:angry:

The tuner I have has been flashed back to stock. I was a little upset last night about other things, and should not have said what I said. My apologies, Tom.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi folks!

I purchased an XCal2 on August 7th. I recieved one email asking for my PCM code and since then no word whatsoever. :rolleyes:

Without a doubt, HIA is a business that is being run with substandard customer service. In this day and age their website should be set up to assist and communicate with their customers, not leave them hanging in limbo.

I posted at the HIA forums yesterday to try to find out what is going on. I got a response asking for the PCM code again and my order number. I'm thinking it might be best to hold off on the deal with these folks and find another source. My understanding from another member's post is that Bamachip.com had a tune for the 07 V8 that was working pretty well.

Based on my own experience thus far and from what I'm reading from other members' frustrations, I would not recommend a member to HIA at this moment in time.

Sincerely,

Mark :cool:

All-I know the largest SCT dealer in Seattle and I can make some calls and see what their turnaround is on XCAL units. I like Wayne, but I see this same issue here and on other web sites forums he sponsors.