Ya New Toy Finished - Sad ST GOne

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Handsor

Reaction score
Haven't been on here in a while. Hope every one is good. Finished or should say partially finished new toy - 64 Lincoln convert, bagged and on 20 inch rims. ST is gone but I have a complete dress up package for sale, - safari bar, lights, grill, corner lamps, rear toueau cover ect (check out my library). Best offer gets entire package. Let me know what you think of the Lincoln, interior and top just finished (after photo taken) new drive train and suspension, all that really left is body and pait, may two tone. Comments welcomed. If anyone has done up a new ST out there please attach photos, may have to lease another ST soon.

[Broken External Image]:

Wow!!! That looks really nice. How does she ride? I love those suicide doors. Did you leave the interior original looking or all updated?

I'm not dissing your hard work, but a classic like that would be worth a WHOLE lot more money if you had restored it to stock. It looks very nice, but some will grill you over doing this to such a rare car.

Looks great...would love to see more.[Broken External Image]:

Some other very nice looking rides in your library....

Chet

Last edited by a moderator:
Nelson - the car is stock. Air bags were added done of the suspension was cut and could be put back to original very easy. I wanted to keep the classic lines of the car but want a modern touch, which I think I got. All options on the car work and the interior was tucked and rolled in white leather. I still have the wide whites and caps for the car. I made some custom engine covers that have been air brushed under the hood, in additon to an over the top air system in the trunk. They only made 3000 of these new I just wanted mine to be a little different. I even restored the original 430 and transmission, which was hard because I wanted to go with the 4.6.

[Broken External Image]:

Nice looking vehicle but those rims do nothing for me. I think the stock rims would complete the package.

I've long been a fan of the mid-'60s Conti Converts. I'm more partial to the '65 variety, but damn, that's one hot mother there. Good job on it, money well spent.

Stock wheels? Uh, no. Stock wheels for that car look like the spare for the ST. That car used wheel covers, and ugly ones at that.

It seems no one complains whenever someone hot-rods a '32 or '34 Ford, or anything pre-40 really, but as soon as you touch a car that is newer then '50, people get thier panties in a wad. Being a hot rodder at heart, I can't hardly stand to see a vehicle stock. When we modify a vehicle, we don't care about resale value, we build for our own tastes. If no one else likes it, whatever, it's ours and we like it. Hot rods and customs aren't an investment, they are a money-pit of a hobby that most outsiders will never really understand.

Very cooool. :):cool:

Nelson:
...a classic like that would be worth a WHOLE lot more money if you had restored it to stock.

Value is dependant on the person. And a hot rodded Model A would cost you more than a stocker. Besides, almost every mod done to a car can be reversed. If a mod can be performed, then it can be undone, too (though some are more expensive to undo than others).

That's the beauty of being an auto enthusiast. You get to choose if you want to go the resto route or customize!

That's what I'm talking about. Would be willing to negotiate a trade. I would keep the original look with the solid color and white top. My preference on a vehicle like that would be some Cragar diamond cut reversible 8's on peewee whitewalls like my old buick:D.

Sorry this pic is a picture of a picture, not so clear.

[Broken External Image]:

Hate to say it, but I'd rather have the Conti.

I like older cars better in general (not only because they are easier to work on, but the lack of laws/regulations on them rocks), espically fine examples like that '64.

I go to my share of car shows & I'll walk right by an original looking trailer queen to look at something rare like this.

Big thumbsup

Latest posts