Yankees Win!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George C

Reaction score
No one posted yet so I wanted to say my team won and have their 27th World Series. :cool: Congratulations to the NY Yankees. It was a great series but I'm glad it ended with an original on the mound. I can't believe how arrogant the Phillies are. Now I know why the Mets fans hate them so much.

George

[Broken External Image]:

Phillies are arrogant?!

Nick Swisher?

[Broken External Image]:

Alex Rodriguez? (There's a story behind this, and if you haven't seen it, search Rodriguez and centaur.)

[Broken External Image]:

And the Mets? Jose Reyes is a poor man's Jimmy Rollins. Every one of these teams has a mouthpiece and confidence.

Pot, Kettle. Kettle, Pot.

Nevertheless, here's to the Yankee$ on having a GDP greater than most countries and winning another Series. A win is a win.

I think the Little Red Machine will be back again next year. The nucleus remains intact, and Rube has shown he'll pull off needed (though perhaps not Yankees-style blockbuster) deals to land missing pieces. The good Lord knows Pedro Feliz needs to find another pasture to dribble ground balls and hit lazy twenty-foot infield flies in....

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes Phillies are arrogant. Rollins saying they will win in 5, attitude of Cliff Lee showing up the Yankees when he caught the 2 balls in the first game. Always knocking the Mets (not that I like them anyway). Yankees show respect for the opposing team. What A-rod does in his own time is his business.

Payroll....jealousy that the Yankees can afford and do put the money back into the team Everyone should have owners like the Steinbrenners!

George C said:
Yes Phillies are arrogant. Rollins saying they will win in 5, attitude of Cliff Lee showing up the Yankees when he caught the 2 balls in the first game. Always knocking the Mets (not that I like them anyway). Yankees show respect for the opposing team. What A-rod does in his own time is his business.

You said all that above with tongue firmly planted in cheek, right?

TJR

It just shows you that Money and Steroids can buy a championship. Also, I think the Yankees should thank all the other MLB teams out there that have been the Yankee's farm system.

Also, I think the Yankees should thank all the other MLB teams out there that have been the Yankee's farm system.

Especially the Texas Rangers! I am so glad Hicks is no longer the team owner! Maybe now the Rangers will get someone that will spend money to develop them!

yankees show respect to other teams? You have got to be kidding me!? The yankees and steinbrenners only respect one thing, money. If they can't buy the championship, then they will piss and moan about whatever!

I loved how the yankees whined when my D'backs beat them, I was loving it, and thankfully, remembered to bring plenty of cheese!

If you got the money and can buy your championships, then go for it, but expect those of us from smaller markets to complain about it. And as for steriod's, if your using it, you don't get to play. Plain and simple. If you need some drugs to play better, then you must really suck without them.

I've not followed baseball ever before. Basically, my wife got me into it. I like strategy and I didn't realize how much there was in baseball.

Isn't there a lux tax? So even if the Yanks have a huge bankroll. or the Red Sox...whatever....doesn't that mean that they spend a massive amount of money to other teams so they can but better players? I've heard many commentators say how much this tax has helped the sport and how poorer teams could now afford top tier players and the games are better to watch in general.

I think this whole..."the Yankees or (insert any team here) won because they have money" thing is really stupid. They still get beat. They still have to play their hearts out most of the time. The Phillies still played well and won some. I just started watching baseball on YES network about a year and a half ago and these high dollar teams do get beat all the time. This year it seemed like the Yankees had a few losing streaks that wouldn't stop. They fought for this and they won. It certainly wasn't an easy clean sweep and we all got to see why the Phillies made it to the WS. They also have an excellent team.

Money nor steroids buys you a championship, the Yankees are proof of this, they have lost more than they won in the last decade.

problem is i am surrounded by arrogant yankee fans :(

i did not have a good feeeling having pedro on the mound for this important game.

psyc,

not a phils fan, just wanted anyone but the yankees to win.

btw, my team is in the NBA with an 0-5 start to the season :eek:

And I wasn't even born the last time my team won, however, being Arizona bred, was happy that D'backs beat the yankees. And its not that they won or our team lost, its just that the few yankee fans I know here, daring souls, have no love for them when they are loosing, but are thier biggest fans when they are, and make sure the drive it into us how many pennents, championships, and other teams best players they have.

I see too many sunny day fans, in any team, including here. But for some reason, yankee fans are the worst at it!

They won the championship fair and square, but just as you expect us to let you extol and praise and whoop it up, you should expect us to deride, exacerbate, and b*$%h about it!

Thank God that baseball crap is over with. Now, maybe, my 10 PM news and the shows afterward will be on at their proper times.

I see too many sunny day fans, in any team, including here. But for some reason, yankee fans are the worst at it!

Fair Weather Fans are pathetic, amen to that.

Around here we have too many of the die-hard fans, who have painted their trucks in Orioles or Redskin colors....and how have they been rewarded for their loyalty?

(The Ravens fans were the same, until last year they went further than they had in years, so I guess they got their reward)

Thank God that baseball crap is over with. Now, maybe, my 10 PM news and the shows afterward will be on at their proper times.

I agree. Baseball is obscenely boring to watch, and like horse racing, will die out as it isn't sufficiently marketed to the younger generations. Even video games show the decline of "America's Pastime" since there are no lines over the latest MLB game, whatever that was, but when Madden comes out there's an onslaught.

KL said:
Fair Weather Fans are pathetic, amen to that.

Which is more pathetic:

a) The so-called fair weather fan that when his or her regional team makes it to the playoffs they start to follow and root for them investing 10 hours or so into the fandom, recognizing how it can help the local economy.

or

b) The true, die-hard fan that goes to his or her teams spring training, watches every single game, plans his or her activities around the games, collects the expensive memorabilia, memorizes all the stats for the team, invests hundreds and hundreds of hours each season in following the team and going to their games at the economic detriment to his or her own family....and then gives up following the sport when their team fails to make the playoffs.

Which is more pathetic?

TJR

TJR, the answer is both.

Any sort of fair weather fan is pathetic, some moreso than others.

I don't think fans are motivated by how they will influence the local economy. Also, both fans help the local economy, and both will contribute to the economic detriment of their own families, I find it interesting that you're omitting these bits for pathos :rolleyes:

A fair-weather fan ranks less than zero regardless, on the scale of character in the world of fandom, and choice A is say -100 for having no loyalty and being a tool and riding the bandwagon, while choice B is -10,000 for having fake loyalty and riding the bandwagon only until he sees it isn't going where he thought. Being a poor loser & a tool is less respectable than being a generic tool.

Latest posts