yay! my 01 Sport trac with 37s

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know of any way to get in touch with Doobster about those fender flares he took off that Trac before he put the Bushwackers on? Thanks, Gary

My Trac's Big (Big!) brother.

Looks SOOOOOOOO Sweet!

You know the old saying, "Once you get a Trac in Black, you will never

go Back!!!"

Tracnblack...

By the way...Guess what color MINE is?!

TracnBLACK!:D:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Gorilla - what exactly did you do to get your truck up that high? I know you did the spindle lift, and I'm assuming the body lift, but thats not enough for 37's....

Nasty Nate

Man you guys are sharp. I am b-u-s-t-e-d-.

I kinda circumvented the shabbdoobie ban by changing from DSL to a satellite server & going by the "Vanillagorilla" name. I felt a little guilty just doing that, but even more so after trying to pretend to be someone else to the other members. I've been back almost a year. I kinda felt a lot better not jumping into the middle of every issue that didnt even concern me. Probably the worse thing I did was to personally attack some folks. I was a pi**ed off person taking it out on every one I could. I sold my house, moved out to a smaller ranch style house on 1.5 acres, paid off the trac, sold the lincoln & the corvette, bought a 95 STS for cash & am happier then ever before. No more 1000 a month car expenses, no more uptight neighbors, Just 2 paid off cars that I like & a place where I can relax. I still have my bad moments but not very often. If rich wants me to stay off the board he wont even have to block me, I'll just stay off voluntarily. It's up to him. BTW thanks to some of you guys for the support & realizing that just because someone is a jerk It doesnt mean they're like that all the time. Whatever the decision, thanks.

Nate, I did some trimming on the plastic, I have the 3 inch body lift, 3 inch spindle lift, some TT & the rear springs were re-arched. Those 37s are 36.7 & they don't rub ever.

The way I see it is.... we need more Tracs like that on the board!!! I didn't get in the middle of the discussion, I don't even know how it started, or even how it ended. I just saw it going on, and looked the other way.

Now, the most important thing here is, WHAT have you done to that truck, because I love it???

Nate

And... you already answered my question.

You have enough room for the 37's with just the spindle and body lift???

Last edited by a moderator:
I for one, hope you can stay. I think the past year has proven you are a reformed person. You have a great truck, and have a lot of knowledge that can benefit us all. By the way, there is no way to hide that ST. It is too unique, and as soon as you posted the photos, I recognized it. :lol: Sorry, if I was the cause of you being exposed.

If you are allowed to stay, please don't let the folks that don't like your old persona get to you. I am sure they will try to get you mad so they can get you banned again. :(

Only being here a few months now i don't see any reason why you should be re-banned, I guess that's how you would call it, lol. Your a nice guy in my book. :) Oh man, I have my spindles and body lift in the mail. I was going to go with 35"s but now... 37"s baby! :D

see we all can get along..... Now where is BB and we will be 1 happy family again!!!

Todd Z:rolleyes:

Vanilla, if you don't mind me asking, what's the specs on those wheels? They seem pretty wide and for 14.5 to not rub...they must be offset crazy. Also what exactly did you have to do trimwise and where did you get your control arms? Thanks and sorry for the questions. :)

After i did the spindle lift i had so much negative camber that i was actually embarrased to drive my sport trac. they looked like this / \ it looked really rigged up. I took it in for alignment & there was no where near enough adjustment even with the cams. I bought the adjustable control arms from AIM for 339.00 dollars BUT I also had to find ball joints equal to the size of the stock. took me a week but came up with the solution I used Moog greasable Ball joints #K80012 . The c arms had to be machined out so they would fit correctly. the machine shop guy machined both of them and added spacers plus pressed the ball joints in for 40 bucks. It is all aligned now & the tires sit nice and straight.

BTW the adjustable c arms adjust by screwing the ends of the arms in or out as far as needed & then it has locking collars also. They are also greasable.

I'll get some close ups of this stuff here in a little bit.

Wow that sounds like alot of work. So how do contact AIM? I think I will be needing some. Thanks for the pics. Were there any specifics on the machining or should I just tell someone at a shop to have a ball with it?

brandon it was a lot more work then I had anticipated for sure & it cost me a lot more for the project then what I had planned also. Here's a hint for anyone that is beginning this project: If you are buying the spindles from AIM buy the spindle/adj. control arm package because it will save you $$$. It is worth it in the end because of tire wear issues. I just bought my 37s for 1050.00 and there are even more expensive tires out there. A person really needs to protect that investment:)

Latest posts