YAY! My first check engine light!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James FreemanJr

Reaction score
I need some help with these codes I got tonight after work.

P0401 EGR Flow Insufficient Detected

P0180 Fuel Temperature Sensor A Circuit Malfunction

and

Also got a P2424 I have no clue what that is cause its not in the code book.

Any help would be welcome cause with 88K miles on her I don't wanna get rid of her and

I sure as hell don't have the money now being that I JUST MOVED OUT ON MY OWN! great timing.

Thanks alot guys.

Well welcome to the CEL club,lol. First is the DPFE sensor for the P0401 the others not sure about. Todd Z will get those for you i'm sure. ........Riley:cool:

HAHA,,,

Replace DPFE sensor.

As for the other 2, Reset the computer after replacing the dpfe and take it fro there..

The p2424 is not valid, Must be wrong...

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

You guys are awesome thanks alot. Should i be fine driving it still untill i can get the parts? The "Fuel Temperature" code kinda scares me. I don't wanna be driving and next thing I know BOOM! cause I still have a 24mile ride home :(

ions, don't wait to long. The part is reletively inexpensive and easy to replace. The other codes could be a result of this one part being defective. So, yeah, you will probably be ok up to a cirtain point. Just don't wait to long.;)

Ions, I got the sensor for $52.00 at the dealership so not too bad. Very easy to change out, if it wasn't for that picture Todd Z had, I would have never found it. This site and everyone who is a member has helped me out greatly. :cool:

I was just gonna buy the part from Rock Auto since I have a discount code and have it sent to me but i can't find the DPFE Sensor does it have another name? Thanks alot again guys. Also as for the P2424 code the book said P2XXX codes are SAE Reserved whatever that means :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
ions, no there isn't another name for it. Try Differential Pressure Feedback EGR sensor. Not sure if that would help. It may be one of the parts that you can only get at Ford.

SAE Reserved means they could tell you, but then they'd have to kill you.:lol: Really though, I'm not sure exactly what that means.;)

SAE Reserved means that the codes that start P2xxx will change for each manufacturer, each code is specific to a specific problem to each car maker. A P2424 for Ford maybe an EVAP code, and for BMW it may be a brake code, and for Honda, it may be an air conditioning code. If I remember, I'll try to look it up on the computer at work.

Change it ASAP, but driving some on it won't really hurt it. Your tranny may start acting funny and throwing up the flashing O/D light

Thanks Tiger.

By the way does anyone know the part #? I have a 2001 Job 2. I'm gonna go look for dealerships near me and start calling tomorrow. Never had to buy a part from the dealer what do I do? Just call and ask for a part and give them a part # and pick it up or do I just walk in and ask one of the sales men?

Thanks alot guys for all the help.

Actually, just call them and ask for the differential Pressure Feedback EGR sensor. If the parts guy is worth his salt he will know what it is. If not, educate him. Make yourself seem smarter than the idiot on the other side of the line.;)

Think i found the part on rockauto.com under

2001 : FORD : EXPLORER SPORT TRAC : 4.0L 245 cubic inch V6 FI (E) : Emission : EGR Pressure Feedback Sensor

It looks like this

[Broken External Image]:

and is only $33+s/h for those that have this problem in the future.

Also found it at Autozone of all places for $32.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok well got the part but i'm having a hell of a time getting the old one out of the hoses. I got it disconnected just cant pry it outta the 2 hoses. Already ripped the top of the damn thing off trying to pull it out. Any advice? Thanks.

Nevermind i went out there and pulled my damnest and got it off. Disconnected the negative battery terminal. Now should I clear the codes if I havent already? which I haven't or should they go away when I plug the battery back up? Thanks.