Yea!! Got my Wrench

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JD, yes. It filters the tran fluid from the trans before the coolers. It should filter more particulates than the one in the pan. It is not to take the place of normal service. My hope is keeping the fluid cleaner. I dont have to buy there filters. The web site gave a list of others. Including the motorcraft FL-1A.

Congrats Eddie!!

I'm looking forward to earning a wrench for a project write-up I'm going to be doing for Todd in the next week or so!

CANT WAIT TODD!!!

LOL shaun !!!

Ed,

Just some thoughts here....

My 3 recommended upgrades to that would be ( and this is from experience)

1) Cover the hoses with a wrap to prevent rubbing on the fender trim or road debris from cutting or damaging the hoses.

2) Don't use engine oil filters. The micron filtering is not as good as a HP filter and they can not hold that much pressure. Valvoline and others make a FL1-A HP filter. It is used in higher pressure and temperature applications. It also has a thicker wall, better welds and is overall a better filter. I used the Valvoline filter as an example because thats what I ran on my stang.. See pic, the filter and hose wrap on the drivers fender.

I ran close to 90PSI oil pressure and did expand and damage several FL1-A filters. The issue stopped once I went with the HP.

3) Filter magnet ???

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Todd, Was your remote filter an trans or motor?

Here is the list summit gave.

edit; I have thought of slipping larger hose on the frame rub points.

Last edited by a moderator:
Both....

The one in the pic is the engine oil, But there was one under the car for the trans until I converted it to a tremic T-5 !!!

Todd Z

Latest posts