Yeee Haaaa! 1 more question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neal Kyer

Reaction score
This was definately the biggest auto project i have taken on. Thanks to all your help on the forums and Stan Stockdales great Edlelbrock shock intstall project, I finally finished my front end overhaul. New lower MOOG balljoints, and bushings, Edelbrock shocks, Moog swaybar endlinks and bushings. New upper control arms and balljoints and bushings. The ride Kicks some serious butt. soooooooo much better. New tires and brakes are next week. Here is my last question. I think i might already know the answer but here it is anyway. My truck now feels like the right front is alittle higher than the left front. Is that because of the torsion bar? do i just need to let the right side out a little or should i bring the left side up?? All things being equal, that is the only thing i can think of that would be causing the height difference.

Torsion bar adjustment is needed. No big deal simply tighten one side or loosen the other, it depends on which way you want to go. Up or down...

Chad

See, you're more of a gearhead than you gave yourself credit for. You are correct that the torsion bar will make a difference in the height. But you said it feels higher - make sure is parked level and measure it with a tape measure from the ground to a point on the fender (or bottom edge). Then either drop one side or raise the other - your choice depending on how you want the front end to look in relation to the back.

edit - man I can't type :wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember the gas tank is on the left. That will make the driverside lower on full tank. My '04 is about 1/2 " lower on the left.

Latest posts