yet another doooooooooooopppppe

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teddy GreeneII

Reaction score
Ok seriously, its like Don Knotts bought a sport trac or something. Today, go down to get gas. Have a half bottle of 108 left from trouble shooting the tune. open the cap pour it in. Reach back for the gas pump and as Im pulling the bottle away from the lip, i see the little round paper foil thing from the 108. It's just sitting but the 108 is flowwing over it, as I reach for it............down the drain. :( heart sinks, stomach queasy, its the curse of the scuffed bumper all over again. I stopped by Napa next to my work (these guys gotta love me. I spend my rent money and come in with captain clutzo moves continually) but luckily, my friend stan there says don't worry the fuel system has a big catch that the gas goes through, itll be fine. Lord I hope he was telling the truth and not makin me feel better. Actually either will do. If anyone knows...........danka.

There is an anti siphon baffle in there that should catch it, IF not it will more than likely float on the gas until it sinks where it will spend the rest of it's life stuck to the fuel pump sock,, IT should do no harm...

Todd Z

Tsk, tsk, tsk, Teddy! You've been tinkering with your ST like there was no tomorrow. Slow down man, slow it down! Take it easy! Savor the ST...

Sorry to hear about the hiccups and mishaps you've been experiencing. You know I feel for you (and your ST). :)

Teddy..Todd is right it cant be sucked in past the sock or stainer if you prefer. It has hundreds of small holes, about the size of a pencil tip.:)

Thought turn of the month would change how the breeze blows for you.;) I guess there should be no harm done since the fuel pump can't suck it in. Hope that it's the last one and everything will be smooth going for Betsy.:rolleyes:

Thanks guys.........another relief. And Flip, gotta be hooked on somethin man. Ive never found a hobby that I truly enjoy as much as this. Started reading some real basic stuff on cars, engines etc. I know this sounds lame but it is facinating. Really, really a lot of fun. By the way, MAF this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool: Just hoping my complete lack of know how doesn't do me in :eek: Too much fun to stop though

but you're going to get 0.000000003% less performance because 3 of those holes in the strainer are restricted. :lol: