Yet more praise for the upgraded front end links

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We went up I-80 to Lake Tahoe today and took Hwy 50 back down. All I can say is why wasn't this upgrade promoted sooner. What a handling improvement - Ya Baby; two thumbs up on this one. Next to the rubber bed mat in the rear, this is the absolutely best upgrade I've done for the money; and comes in almost equal to doing the EE sway bar in the rear.

BTW, I am guestimating we got around 25 mpg. Sacramento's elev. is around 24', and Lake Tahoe's elev is over 6000' just to give those that are not familiar with the territory an idea of what was involved.

Sorry if I did not make it clear enough, but the handling is greatly improved. Because with better front end links the front sway bar can do its job and the shocks can do theirs. It felt like I was in control. I won't go as far as to say the ST rode on rails, but the next thing to it. We are talking about twisty, curvy mountain roads. It wasn't sports car handling, but darn good handling. Take a look at my profile to the rest of my suspension upgrades. :D:D:D:D:D

Yeah, you said the handling was improved, but I was interested in specifics. Your reply answered that. Thanks.

The two most annoying handling characteristics of my Trac, are (1) the way it tosses me around sideways while slowly moving over uneven ground (like driving through a parking lot), and (2) the loss of control I feel when the front tires hit a rough spot in a curve - at speed.

I have the EE rear sway bar, and I've often thought that making the platform stiffer might actually be contributing to the first characteristic I mentioned. It's the only time I curse the Trac out loud when I'm driving. :lol:

Would the upgraded front-end links help with either of these issues?

Last edited by a moderator:
Would the upgraded front-end links help with either of these issues?

If I interpret your explaination correctly, Yes. And, for $30 it certainly won't hurt. I also upgraded the 4x2 front sway bar to the 4x4 front sway bar, and you might also consider the ADDCO front sway bar that has been talked about here on the site. Since you upgraded your shocks and rear sway bar I would also consider stiffening up you rear leaf springs a little too. There are several option here; the Roadmaster Active Suspension, TrekMaster composite leaf, and the Hellwig partial leaf.

Latest posts