Yokohama Tire

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike T 3

Reaction score
im looking to pick up a set of the yokohama geolander... just wondering if anyone here has had them on their ST or any other for that matter...

other than goodyear... what tire would you guys recommend that has rugged theads....

Toyo Open Country A/T, I loved them on my truck. Price is good too.

The people on the site that have 'em love 'em. My personal view on the TOYO Open Country A/T's is that if you do not have a 4x4 do not get them. We put them on our '01 4x2 ST after we upgraded the shocks, and because the TOYO's are a P rated tire with a max psi of 35 lbs. I got the side to side sway back. I recommend an LT rated tire especially on an '01 & '02 ST's.

Rodger, I ran stock tire size, mine had a max psi rating of 40 PSI, I ran 32 front, 35 rear like Ford says to and had no problem with sway. That being said, I did have a 4x4.

Ahhhhh, that's the difference. My TOYO's were 235/70/16's on the A/T's and when I went to 245/70/16's on the H/L's the tire pressure was also 35 lbs. max psi. So I wonder if there is a difference between Canadian and US max psi.? I should check if the 255/70/16's have a higher max psi. We may get to the bottom of this yet. :lol:

I am looking at the same.. Yokohama Geolander M/Ts. I was looking at 265 or 285s. I'm also trying to figure out a rim offset that will bring the tires out some, but still work without rubbing. I have 5" lift. Anyone using these tires?

Rodger, I am pretty sure that I had 255/70/16's.

P255/70R16 = 109S load = 2271 lbs

P235/70R16 = 104T load = 1984 lbs

Looks like that is the difference, that is quite a bit of max weight difference between the two tires.

I have geolander AT's and they are good on the highway, a little louder than a standard Radial but not too noticeable. They are great in the wet and snow, never had any problems getting to my destination since I've had them on. I've had them for about a year now, and they are holding up very well, with regular rotations.

One thing that I've found with the combination of the tires running 35PSI and the monroe reflex shocks is that over large bumps at highway speeds can upset the truck a little and give a momentary scare, but nothing that will cause you to lose control.

I've got TT/SL with 265/75R16 on stock rims also...

Olaf, The reason mine came with 235's is because I got the 3:73 rear end. FYI, I am now running Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza's 245/70/16's; very good tire. So, the key is to get the TOYO's in 255/70/16's, and you'll be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Wife has Yokphame Geolanders on her 2002 Trailblazer and i love them, I was going to get them for my Sport trac but they were out of my size that day so i went with the Toyo's and so far i really like these toyo's Only about 2 or 3k miles on them so i will let you know

Joseymack

Latest posts