YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN THAT!!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon Hovater

Reaction score
Ok, here we go. I have an over head console that came with about a 7 foot wireing harness. I want to use the harness for the console. Can this just be pluged up or do I need to run my own wires? I have seen where it was wired up by hand and I am sure I can do that but I would rather use the harness. Thanks everone!

If it's from a ST maybe. I'm not sure where the original from factory run but most main wiring harnesses aren't changed and should have a plug end for the system, just may be covered with the protective coating. What was the consol out of originally? You could get the wire colors from the harness you have and just run them.;)

Sorry, just went down a couple more posts and there was your other one. I'm at work right now and I do have a shop manual DVD at home I could look at for you and see. The problem is, is that I don't get off work till 11:30pm. I'll keep track and try to find something for ya if you don't get the answer by then.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much stonemiser. I'm going to look under the dash and do some digging under there and see what I can find that loks like where I need to go but if you can come up with something, please let me know!

MAYBE YOU DO NOT NEED THE WIRE HARNESS THAT CAME WITH YOUR CONSOLE FROM EBAY. YOUR '05 SHOULD BE PREWIRED TO THAT LOCATION IN THE ROOF. DROP THE HEADLINER DOWN AT THE WINDSHIELD TO LOOK FOR AN EXISTING PLUG ABOVE THE MIRROR. ALSO LOOK FOR AN EXISTING TEMPERATURE SENSOR IN FRONT OF THE RADIATOR.

(caps were intended in consideration of your message title):wacko:

Latest posts