youTube 2007 Ford Sport Trac- Off roading

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
back to the utube clip, he went around the mud, what was that all about?!?!? I did more then that in a Bennigans parking lot last thursday!

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
In other words, everyday?

Actually, Seattle does not get as much rain as most area's, it just recieves more doses in smaller amounts. It looks like more, but it really isn't.

Tom

That is true. This weeks forecast is showers everyday. In reality, it's cloudy with sporadic rain showers. But, if your trying to wash your car forget it...LOL

Now our 8-10 week summer season we will see very little rain.

According to what I see in these pics, I must be off-roading when I visit a friend's house, my sister-in-law's farm or my brother-in-law's house. All three have gravel roads that are rougher than any shown above.

Tom--you have mountains in Ohio?

No, we have hills. There are no mountains east of the Mississippi River. Those are just hills on the east coast. A mountain has snow on the top all year long and are made of rock and not trees.

I do live in a hilly area. There are parts of Ohio that are as hilly as West Virginia is. My dad grew up in Monroe County, Ohio. There are hills there.

Tom

p.s. Mud, you do know I am picking with you...right?

Exactly, Bill-E.

I get a kick when people post "off roading" pics and it's a grassy hill with some mud streaks from spinning tires. Or a few small limbs and large gravel rocks that is nice, smooth (for gravel), and even. Or when "mudding" pics are posted and it's little more then some mud kicked up on the step bars, maybe a few splatters halfway up the door.

Technically, it is off roading, as there is no road...but come on. Its not like the stuff Johnstone does, that is serious offroading.

All three have gravel roads that are rougher than any shown above.

Are their names Jethro, Mandi, and Cletus--because those must be some pretty boondock homesteads. :) It's all about perspective. I've never taken shots of the road to our cabin, which follows logging switch-backs, but that's notably rougher--and where I broke the tortion bar. I doubt I'll have the Trac up there anytime soon. I value a nice, undented finish too much. Of course, nothing will look like Moab or Truckhaven. They're martian landscapes.

There are no mountains east of the Mississippi River.

Folks in New Hampshire would be disappointed to learn that Mt. Washington is merely a hill. And, we better call those textbooks to change the name to the Appalachian Hills. :) Technically, or geologically, a mountain is distinguished from a hill by its height--mountains are about 2,000 feet or higher. By Ohio-ian standards, though, I suppose they're all inadequate.

To me, though, it sure seems flat once you get west of Altoona, etc. :p

0597f073e89fdb75226070424af9b8b2.gif

versus

e059c1a3558f252310b299354b7756b9.gif

Oh well, enough fun with topography. As you nuts were.

Utility roads are usually very rough, I'm surprised to see the service trucks that make their way down those things.

I like seeing people really push the limits of what is capable, either stock or modified, but many times, people are too afraid to go that far...can't break that $500+ a month truck now, can we? I'd love to get an old beater truck to go crazy with, but my wallet won't let me.

I forgot about Mt. Washington. Still, I believe that a mountain should be made of rock and have snow on top...all year long. I have yet to see a hill in PA that is that way.

They are hills.

Tom

Latest posts