Zabtech TB

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graham Ritter

Reaction score
So i am pretty happy with the power output of my truck right now, but i have been thinking about a Zabtech throttle body, how much does it acctually help, i like the mid range hit i have right now but i need more off the bottom end, even if the TB doesnt help off the bottom, where and how much would it help?....by the way, its a 2002 sport trac... i have a K&N full intake system, Exhaust, Throttle Body Spacer, and a SCT programmer already, so i just need to know if the TB would be worth my time and money...

The TB spacer's doing nothing for you. That's just my opinion, but the consensus of most everyone on this site. There was a recent thread on here explaining what a TB spacer does on certain vehicles, and how the Sport Trac doesn't realize any benefits from a spacer.

You'll get better results from the Zabteck TB. Get it, then have your tunes adjusted to accomodate for the new TB. It's one of the best bang-for-buck mods for the Sport Trac.:cool:

Found Fast Eddie '04's explanation of TB spacers and how they don't really do anything for fuel-injected engines:

TB spacers only show improovements on carburated engines. Creates a better atomation with a wet manifold, such as carburated. Fuel injected is a dry manifold. It needs to be laminer air flow. Any swirl needs to be at the intake valve with the fuel. There are plenty of dyno test out there to proove they only complitment carburated motors. I wish regulators would make them stop claiming these spacers for fuel injection.

Eddie <><

TT, is right. If you were to dyno tour trac with and without the spacer. You will see nonthing. Take it off and ininstall Todds tb. He has dyno prooven the gains.

Fyi, the spacers only work on wet manifolds Such as a carburated motor. I wish the ftc would stop the spacer makers claim for dry manifold port injection gains.

I noticed a marginal improvement with mine on 87 octane. I did notice a decent gain on the 93 octane map with the zabteck over stock w/ 93 octane map.

I bought mine used and it was mint so I felt it was worth the money. I think his new ones are even better and look better aswell.