ZABTECK product discontinued ( intake line)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner

All Zabteck Customers and those interested in the Zabteck CAIs and Nocturnal intakes.

Zabteck is sad to announce we are no longer making ANY intakes; this includes the Zabteck and Nocturnal lines.

We just don't have the time to make them anymore. The costs of material, storage space, and availability of parts also does not help.

We don't think anyone wants to take on the process of making these themselves or making them for sale.

The process is not hard, but very time consuming.

We thank you all that purchased the product and supported Zabteck.

This is not a sign of anything to come. We just do not have the time to put towards the intake line any more.

George and Todd

Tim,

After taking them on from Doug (nocturnal) we did not receive any emails or sales...... So we never ordered any parts to make them...

Todd Z

Any CAI's left for a Gen 2 V8?

Yup. K&N makes a few different models that work. If you're looking for an OEM look go with their 63 series. I believe the 57 series is stainless or chromed. In my profile I have one installed with the part number. I also have pics on my cardomain page which is linked in my profile.

we did not receive any emails or sales

Other than my own personal objections I really feel that you didn't advertise the products well enough. Doug has a blerp on his cardomain page and I'd seen him talk about it briefly on explorer forums but by-in-large it was just slapped on the website and that was it.

I was very tempted to buy one but I had two really big objections that no one ever really seamed to address. 1) Warranty compared to K&Ns warranty and K&Ns super fast customer service. 2) There was never any baseline stock HP TQ to compare to a stand alone modification. That would have been nice. So we never really knew what the exact gains were other than Dougs already modded STA. It probably would not have been that big a deal but I wanted to know exactly what it was supposed to do. Compared to other intake makes, that was were the Nocturnal intake fell short for me.

I was very tempted to sell my K&N and buy one of Dougs intakes for a few reasons. 1) supporting MYST and 2) eliminating the whistle that I get on cold startups (not a big deal but the intakes were so cheap I though I might do it.) 3) Other than the stainless intake tube, it looked very OEM and I like OEM. I don't like big chrome tubes or huge cone filters and I avoid them if I can.

K&N makes a few different models that work. If you're looking for an OEM look go with their 63 series

I just did a search for a CAI for my 07 V8 and came up with the OEM filter - no complete system.

Any thoughts?

Carey,

He was asking If we had any left.... Nope...

Also,

I really feel that you didn't advertise the products well enough

People on this site know we make the products, We don't advertise on other websites simply for the cost of advertising VS. the profit made on the kits.

) Warranty compared to K&Ns warranty and K&Ns super fast customer service.

So your saying Our customer service stinks ?????

There was never any baseline stock HP TQ to compare to a stand alone modification.

And unfortunately we have NO 4wd dynos here and We got burned EVERY time people said they would do this for us, on TB's and Even the sway bars !!! We have over 1,000 bucks out in the world On promises, Not any more..

Jimmy,

The K&N fits, their listing on their site is just not updated..... The ST is 100% the same under the hood...

I would also like to thank people for making this a debate as to why we never sold any...

We are NOT complaining, Not whining, NOT BLAMING any one, We just stopped making them..

Sheesh....

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for a great product, I'm sorry to see it go. Glad I got mine.

I guess the fender drill intimidated people away, I know it took me a long time to do it :(

I don't see how K&N could have better service than this forum.

Sorry to hear this Todd, it is truly a great product! I am glad I managed to get mine when I did. Your still going to be providing other stuff, right?

Jerry,

Yes, everything else is staying as is... The TB's are the only thing we need to fabricate now, leaving more time for other things...

KL,

Thank you

Todd Z

With the exception of the Addco sway bar and Power Pulleys, I've bought just about every other product for my Trac that Zabteck sells. They've been great products, and while I don't have actual dyno numbers, I can say that based on "butt" dyno results these products have tremendously improved the performance of my Trac over OEM.

As for customer service, it's been great! Especially when you consider the fact that Todd and George operate both Zabteck and MyST.com on their own time, in addition to working full time jobs and having busy personal lives. Heck, when I was installing the Zabteck throttle body, I ran into a snag, called Todd, and he picked up the phone right away and provided me with help. And if I remember correctly, this was on a weekend evening! You sure aren't going to get that kind of customer service anywhere else! :supercool:

I just did a search for a CAI for my 07 V8 and came up with the OEM filter - no complete system.

The ones for the 2007 Explorer V8 fit the Trac. Here are the part numbers (linked):

<a href="http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=57-2573">57-2573</a>

<a href="http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=77-2573KP">77-2573KP

</a>

So your saying Our customer service stinks ?????

No. Believe me, If I felt it did I would have said so. If I felt that you sucked, I wouldn't have sent you a donation for MYST last year, would I? Like most other members, I have a much longer history buying K&N products and they've never let me down. Their products and service have been out for decades. What I'm saying is that the intake market is extremely aggressive. They have the history in this field. Just like you have the history and confidense with your modifed TBs. No one else has that experiance with that part for the ST like you do.

I would also like to thank people for making this a debate as to why we never sold any...

Well...this is kind of what happens when you try to enter a market. You're saying you didn't sell a single unit. It's not a debate. It's all about comparison. I'm telling you why I didn't buy one. I shop around. Everyone does. That's what 75% of the users of this site do here. If you don't have answers, people lose confidence and the business goes somewhere else. That was my point with the Dyno numbers etc.

I also feel you didn't give it enough time on the market. It hasn't even been out 6 months yet! For a specialty part, with hundreds of competition variants on the market, you can't expect to make a killing selling these for 6 months ONLY through MYST and your Zabtech site.

I'm a little bummed you stopped making it. I actually thought it was really cool that a member developed product was being sold here.

you can't expect to make a killing selling these

IF I did this to make a killing I would not sell any thing and charge 2 times what i do...

People think we make a "KILLING" on what we sell, and on sponsorship on the site...

LOL...... HAHAHAHAHAHA

IF I told you the money made V.S the cost and time alone, we are in a loss !!!!! We formed Zabteck to keep the availability to people that wanted items for their ST that are only available through distributors and can not be purchased.

We have luckily grew and are now selling other products to help people enjoy their ST experience.

Same reasons we purchased this site, We did not want to see it go to a company that would run all sorts of adds, or sell it and have it dissapear...

We are not looking for a pat on the back, but for people to understand that if they think we make a profit they are clearly mistaken......

As for the reasons as to why you did not buy one, honestly It does not bother me, many members are running K&N and other KKM and volants...... It is your truck you run the products you like..

Todd Z

After online comparison shopping, concluded Zabteck has the best pricing, by far. I checked THREE different dealers for the Addco 737 Front Sway Bar.

They were all priced at least $40 higher. The difference covers shipping to Hawaii and as previously mentioned, Todd's customer service is second to NONE.

Do these fit the V8 (I didn't see the engine size on the specs)?

Yes. Those are the ones for the V8 Explorer. I did a year/make/model/engine search on K&N's site using the '07 Explorer V8.

Todd, just to throw my support your way, even if I could get a part your selling for half somewhere else, and they were well known, I still would buy from you.

You have excellent customer service, tried and tested parts for OUR rigs, and of course, the website itself is the largest knowledge base for everything I can think of.

I learned from my wife, that sometimes, you gotta pay through the nose to breath a little easier, and I will continue to do so through you and website sponsers.

And drilling through the fender didnt scare me, JUST TOOK FOREVER! I must have had some special hardened steel, cuz it ate my bit before I even got half way through! I had to use my dremel to finish! And blew two tips doing so!

Thanks again for the great service and great products! Looking forward to continuing to support you and the website sponsers!

:cool:Thanks guys !!!!

thats why this site is great !!!!!

Todd Z

Latest posts