Zabteck trottlebody

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicholas DeMarco 2

Reaction score
picked up my tb today and i deffinitly felt a difference. had a nice 57mile drive out there then back. with the scan gauge 2 i got about .8 more on the way back. still didn't recalibrate my speedo so the actual mpg might be more. all in all very satisfied wit this bolt on

mods

K&N intake

Zabteck TB

Zabteck breather bypass

tt/shackels

265/75/16 revos

Glad to here you like it and thanks for driving out and it was very nice to meet you.

Very nice truck, you should send some pics for STOTW and for out customers rides section on Zabteck Performance.

Thanks for the business!:D:D

Paul H

Dmac

The next thing i would add is a magnaflo exhaust the ford factory restricts allot so know that you have good air going in "k &n" I would add a way to get it out... That is just a thought...

Hmmm....despite the stigma for "bolt-on" automotive products, I can't think of a single thing that doesn't bolt on. If you expand bolt to glue, tape, or weld, the list is pretty endless. Where does the line in the sand lie between a "real" modification and a "lesser" bolt-on mod?

When I think about it, the ideal combustion would have _no_ exhaust, so upgrading the exhaust just seems to be a way to cope with a problem, instead of fixing it with superior combustion. If you allow more air in, the air should combine more fully with the fuel, leading to less exhaust.

I still need to get myself one of these toys, and when I get my other ride back into working order, I might have a throttle body from "another vehicle" to take the zabteck crew up on their offer with. :)

Less restriction of the exhaust would lead to the air moving out of the engine quicker and not plugging up the exhaust ports...So when you burn something you get some sort of exhaust... So if the exhaust is being restricted and not being removed at the rate you are taking it in...;);););)

Does any one know what is done to the tb on a job 2 aplication to make it better...

More air should result in a superior combustion, which should result in less exhaust. Should is the key word in that sentence, but from an objective view, the idea is sound. Exhaust is a flaw with combustion engines, which is why exhaust improvements have some of the lowest cost-to-gain ratios of any mod.

If the extra air that you have coming in is just going right out the exhaust pipe, then you are wasting money on the filter to let more air in, as it isn't doing anything.

Keith, the more exhaust and the faster you can relieve it from the engine, means a the more of a fresh air fuel mix the cylinder will pull in on the next stroke. So there is gain. As far as pulling in more air. There is gain also up to the point of how much air with fuel the charge stroke can pull in. There is no wasted air in the cylinder. It will only pull in what it is capable of. In most cases the factory intake and exhaust doesnt use the full capability of the engines displacment.

The other side of this is forced induction. Supercharge or tubocharge, where you force a higher fuel air charge into the cylinder.

You wont make a super truck from intake and exhaust change by it self. But it does help.

Cooler exhaust noise is subjective, though I do think that the stock exhaust sounds corny.

Ideally, exhaust shouldn't exist. However, I know that internal combustion isn't perfect, and that exhaust is a sad necessity, and that streamlining the exhaust process will, to an extent, increase performance, though after you pass a point on restriction, you seem to have to sacrifice other elements to make gains in the 'performance' region.

Adding more air is supposed to increase the efficiency of the burn, so that there will be enough air for all of the gasoline to combine with. Increasing efficiency should thereby reduce exhaust amounts. If you increase your exhaust by adding more air, then it would seem that you are putting too much air into the engine, going past the ideal point for air and fuel.

Having to buy a new exhaust set up to deal with your increased air input doesn't compute.

Reminder for all Zabteck customers...

Email me a picture of your Trac with a list of about 15 mods and I will add it to the customer rides section of Zabteck.

If you would like to write a testimonial I would me happy to add that to the site as well!

George

Paul H,

was nice meeting you too and hopfully i can do another upgrade soon. i gotta get a good wash and wax be4 i submit a pic for STOTW

Keith,

thats one of my many upgrades i wanna do. heard a clip of the magnaflow kit and i want it, just don't have the 431 for it.

i'm a full time college student i'm lucky i can fill up twice a week and pay 370 a month for it. but it's well worth it!

mods to come

magnaflow exhaust

x cal 2

underdrive

screaming deamon coil and live wires

elec fan

Dmac

Yeah that sound cool I under stand I am a look at 3 big mods myself hope fully this month if all goes right

1/Volant intake / Zabtac/air raid with the new performance spacers (not sure what one I will choose still doing some research to see

2/Magna flo exhaust or I may go with the new walker dyno max exhaust

3/Xcall 3

Then I need to get some info on the zabteck tb

And torn between the screaming daemon and the accell hp coil pack

Dmac what is a under drive????

I just bought my tail lights

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts