Zabteck True Cold Air Intake System

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanG 01

Reaction score
I would like to hear some feedback on this product. I plan on grabbing it and want to see what others have to say. Did you have any other intake systems before you installed it?

I would be installing it on a Stock ST.

Hey bro, I got the full intake from zbtck earlier this year and it was my first mod. It is actually a fairly noticeable boost from the stock. It also opens up the sound of your engine and makes it sound fuller and more powerfull. The only con is at highway speeds, it whistles and can get annoying sometimes. But its a great mod, although getting the sct xcal2 tuner will get you the most out of the intake.

The whistle you speak of is from the throttle body.....

Once you remove the stock air box, some do whistle......

Todd Z

Is the whistle fixed with your throttle body, or is it just a fact of life?

If your intake makes me sound like an artillery shell, that's fine with me...just gotta get some exhaust to drown it out...it think my donated Flowmaster super 44 might do the trick...but I'd have to finagle an install first :(

Kevin,

My tb will not get rid of the whistle all the time... The whistle comes from the plastic casting of the TB.... I can work it a little for you, but i mainly mod the metal....... Some times it makes it more pronounced. And with the Cold air filter in the hallow of the fender it makes the whistle seem louder then it is...

Todd Z

Well,

im hard of hearing(not due to loud music) so it might not be an issue.

Todd,

can your CAI System be setup without cutting into the fender with the kit you provide or do i have to get another pipe. I would like to get the CAI system and set it up without cutting the fender and then when i get the courage, cut it out to utilize its full potential.

Dan yes....

You simply don't use the elbow and extension piece, this makes it an under hood kit....

I also sell just the under hood kits....

Todd Z

Latest posts