Zinc Yellow ST for Sale in Richmond... How Rare?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommy VanNess

Reaction score
I was driving hometoday from school and saw a Zinc Yellow ST out in front of Carmax here in Richmond. I didn't inquire about the price, (I like my ST) but I am wondering how rare they are. Are they like the Mandarin Orange, or were more of them made? Also, just in case anybody is looking for that color, there you go.

Tommy

I have a 2003 zinc yellow. I dont know how many were made in 2003 but I only know of only one other one in my area, she lives about 20 min from me, and the population in my city and surrounding area is about 900,000. When I bought mine in March 2003, they had to dealer trade it from the Albany area to here in Syracuse, NY

Last edited by a moderator:
Similar here...I have a '02 Zinc yellow. Thye made them in '02 and '03. Ther's only 1 other I have ever seen in this area also and she's got a sunroof....I'm just a little jealous:angry: Our area is a population of ~300,000.[Broken External Image]:

Oh...and thanks for giving another chance to show it off!!!:rolleyes:

Zinc Yellow isn't the rarest color, but it is one of the rarer ones. It was only produced for 1.5 model years (about 17 months worth).

Production numbers are hard to come by, Ford likes to lump the Sport Trac number in with the regular Explorer numbers, but with about 60,000 ST's produced a year, a safe number for Zinc Yellows would be in the 7-8,000 range. The 2002 Zinc Yellow is the rarest of the Yellows, if you want to break it down a lil' bit. In 2002, the B-pillars were black, 2003, they were body color.

Upgraded sound system and pioneer logo on the back ventvisor.

Oh, and different wheels. Looking at your pic and assuming those are original wheels - not Pioneer.

grump

Grump, no. However, the Pioneer Edition was avaible in Zinc Yellow. If you really want to start breaking down the numbers, the Pioneer Edition/Adrenalin (in '03 when it was still just a package) in Zinc Yellow are perhaps the rarest STs around. Only 3000 Pioneer's and only 3000 '03 Adrenalin's, compound that with a limited run color, and you've got the formula for one rare beast, espically in 2002.

Chet-

The Pioneer Edition is the father of the Adrenalin. In 2002, it was an add on package and included a different radio with blue back lighting, a 10" Pioneer sub under the driver's side reat seat, upgraded door speakers, a rear window vent visor with the Pioneer logo, and 'Thumbprint' styled wheels. The package was renamed in 2003 as Adrenalin, this package then carried over into the 2004 model year but now it was a standalone trim level, not a package. In 2004, you also got more goodies with the Adrenalin, chrome wheels, chrome step bars, and Adrenalin script on the front seats. The radio was also updated with 6-disc indash CD player and sat. radio capability.

Interesting trivia:

The granddaddy of the Pioneer/Andrenalin is the Ranger Tremor, introduced in 2000.

I've got a silver 02 Pioneer edition. Came with a fancy stereo, leather, moon roof, 4x4, rear A/C.

I saw a black ST yesterday with the sidestep tubes painted Hot Pink :blink:

Thanx for the info...no..mine is definitely not that edition then.

Hmmmm...maybe hot pink is what i need to go with the yellow.....OMG!!!:huh:

The rarest color on the early Sport Tracs was "Mandarin Gold", a very "Orange" shade of gold. Ford said there were only a little over 600 ever made with that color, and they stop using it only about 4-5 months on the earliest of the 2001 Job-1 models.

Next I think would be the Competition Orange used on the 2004-2005 models, but that might be a close tie with "Island Blue" used only on the 2001 models

The color that I have only seen on one ST (except at LAP) is Aspen Green, which is a deep forest green color I have only seen one on the road, but there were quite a few that color during the LAP tuur in June 2004.

...Rich

The shortest span for color production is indeed Mandarin Gold, offered for only a half of a model year; followed by Competiton Orange and Silver Frost which were out only for a single model year; finally, next would be a toss up between Island Blue, Zinc Yellow, Deep Wedgewood Blue which were avaible for 1.5 model years.

Aspen Green was out for about 2 model years, maybe 2.5 if I remember properly, but for as long as it was offered, very few STs were made in that color. I was going to buy an Adrenalin in Aspen Green, but it wasn't as represented (I wanted the 'stripper' Adren, this was a fully loaded one), and the price was just a bit more then what I wanted to pay.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head. You'd be surprised at how short the time span for the colors actually are, but it's the bright and unique colors that stick out in our mind most.