'05 Dark Cherry Metallic LTD

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exahiyan

Reaction score
After retiring (and having to turn in my company's F-150 King Ranch) I went looking for a truck. I didn't need a full size like an F-150 but wanted a 4 X 4, V-8 smaller truck. The Rangers that I looked at were either ragged out or not 4 WD so a broker friend suggested looking for a clean older Sport Trak. It took several months but I found what I was looking for an hour away in Virginia. One owner, fully optioned Limited with 140,000 miles. My mechanic went over it and was amazed at how clean it was and when he did a scan for trouble codes, there were NONE! Passed Maryland's inspection with ease as well. The owner bought it right off the showroom floor and garaged it the whole time he owned it. I absolutely LOVE this truck and look forward to having it for a long time.

looking fwd to seeing some pics,,,there was someone selling a hard cover by haggerstown if ya need one, there getting hard to find. unless that was you selling it. it is off a 05 on craigslist. was posted 3 days ago.

Still learning the page so when I figure out how to do it. I'll post some. Mine came with the OEM hard cover so I'm good. But thanks for the suggestion!

Here are some shots of my new to me '07 LTD.

Attachments

• IMG_20211205_171931041.jpg
    IMG_20211205_171931041.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20211205_171912914.jpg
    IMG_20211205_171912914.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20211205_171858995.jpg
    IMG_20211205_171858995.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20211205_171840278.jpg
    IMG_20211205_171840278.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20211205_171805671.jpg
    IMG_20211205_171805671.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20211205_171752914.jpg
    IMG_20211205_171752914.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
nice, thought ya said 05 first gen,, very nice truck... there getting hard to find in good shape. looks like my 07 i had, love that color. a lot of good people on here so welcome and enjoy,,any questions you can get answers on here..

nice, thought ya said 05 first gen,, very nice truck... there getting hard to find in good shape. looks like my 07 i had, love that color. a lot of good people on here so welcome and enjoy,,any questions you can get answers on here..
Thank you. It is an '07 not an '05. I have an '05 VRSCB Harley and got them confused. I'm still learning to navigate around the truck but am impressed with the technology in it from 2007.

Black cherry Metallic was one of the favorite colors... Good luck with it !

After retiring (and having to turn in my company's F-150 King Ranch) I went looking for a truck. I didn't need a full size like an F-150 but wanted a 4 X 4, V-8 smaller truck. The Rangers that I looked at were either ragged out or not 4 WD so a broker friend suggested looking for a clean older Sport Trak. It took several months but I found what I was looking for an hour away in Virginia. One owner, fully optioned Limited with 140,000 miles. My mechanic went over it and was amazed at how clean it was and when he did a scan for trouble codes, there were NONE! Passed Maryland's inspection with ease as well. The owner bought it right off the showroom floor and garaged it the whole time he owned it. I absolutely LOVE this truck and look forward to having it for a long time.
Got any pics?

Here are some shots of my new to me '07 LTD.
Have the same color, model, 4.6L ST as you do! Mine is an '08 with 88K on it. I sold my Dodge RAM for the same reason as your Ford, retired moved into a smaller home in a retirement community and simply didn't need a full-size truck anymore. I really wanted an ST in THAT color with THAT engine and boy did I get lucky. Found a one owner three years ago who had put 53K on it. I paid retail at the time ($15K) but knew it would sell at the price due to the low mileage and the 4.6L. I have since added a dyna flow exhaust which has a very sweet performance sound and allows the engine to breath a little better. One thing I should have checked a little closer was the rocker panels! The ST's a known for bad rockers in "salt" states, and this truck was a WVA truck! Mine were found to be bad enough that I didn't want any patch work performed. Took it to a reputable shop that was know for resto's and had full rocker replacements installed. Cost: $4K. Regrets? None! I'm now 75 yr old and this truck is my baby! I will not sell it unless I become disabled, either physically or mentally. I LOVE my ST. Good luck with yours. Since you bought a Virginia truck, you may wish want to take a good look at your rockers as well. Hoping you don't have any issue there as these rockers are pretty much non-existent now. My shop fabricated them, hence the cost. Have a Merry Christmas and enjoy that beautiful Sport trac.

Mine's actually an '07........not an '05. That was an "FLF" error! Fat little finger! :) There was a little rust on the passenger side of the cab corner at the bottom of the door that I had fixed but nothing anyplace else. The original owner bought it in northern Virginia and garaged it so the rockers are solid. I will probably go the dual exhaust route when it needs a new one but for now, it is okay. The more that I drive it, the more I love it. I;m 70 so I anticipate it being the last vehicle that I'll own.

Mine's actually an '07........not an '05. That was an "FLF" error! Fat little finger! :) There was a little rust on the passenger side of the cab corner at the bottom of the door that I had fixed but nothing anyplace else. The original owner bought it in northern Virginia and garaged it so the rockers are solid. I will probably go the dual exhaust route when it needs a new one but for now, it is okay. The more that I drive it, the more I love it. I;m 70 so I anticipate it being the last vehicle that I'll own.
I didn't go the dual exhaust route. I thought I would until I discussed it with the exhaust guy I used. The issue he expressed is dealing with the spare tire and getting over the frame rail would be more difficult adding more expense and he would have to squeeze down a section of the pipe to get it over the rail and outboard. This would create a bit of back pressure, nothing to be concerned with but still. I had him install an over-sized exhaust tip, which I have since painted black with high-temp paint because I got tired of trying to keep the SS polished. But I have also changed from the original wheels (which were chrome clad) and now have gone black spoke style wheels which I've gotten several compliments on. (Pics) My original wheels were bad and had slow leaks due to corrosion (another known salt issue) and drove me crazy. The price for new chrome clads are $400 ea. So when I needed new tires, I decided to go with black wheel and tire package. I used Cooper Tires as they have shown to give really good mileage and service. Very happy with the choice.

Attachments

• IMG_2285.JPG
    IMG_2285.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2284.JPG
    IMG_2284.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 59
Replace the 3rd brake light gasket, or the rust will come back...