05 ST Idle?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe g

Reaction score
I have an 05 ST with just 5k on it now and has kind of a erratic idle but I'm not sure if I should be concerned. It's already had the tensioner pulley and serp belt replaced under warranty and has that A/C moan problem which there is a tsb on but it does not idle smooth most of the time. I can see the RPM gauge fluctuating a bit and occasionally drop very low momentarily when moving between park, drive and reverse.. I am used to F-150 V8's which never experienced this. Is this normal for the 4.0?

Thanks.

Joe

Never noticed anything like that, or any of the other problems you mentioned. Not even the a/c moan. Never flagged a TSB when I ran the vin either. There is a little fluctuation when the compressor kicks on or off but that is minor. Sorry Joe. I had hoped I would be of more help. :cool:

Joe I have had a roughf idle for over 2 years now just as you described. Have taken it to dealership and was told some line about "nature of the beast Mr. Clark". This of course is horse s#*t. My wifes mustang with 4.0 disent do this and a coworkers regular explorer 4.0 dosent either. I can even feel the slight studder in the idle in my steering wheel when at a stop. I truely hope you figure this out cause it may help me to fix mine. Good luck.