07 ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracn Black

Reaction score
I have checked a couple websites to try and find a chip for the 07.. does anyone know if they are out yet?:eek:

P.S. I'm getting around 10-11 mpg so far on the 07... not good!!!!!:angry:

Yes, they are. Search some more, if you can't find it, come back and we'll tell you.

Or, the polite thing to do, would be to tell you straight up that a member here, Wayne Foy with Hypnotic Illusions can send you a flasher for the truck. Get in touch with him.

Chris - the Flasher is much better. Wayne can program it for the stock tune and a performance tune. The chip, will void the warranty, as it's pretty easy to see if you have it installed by pulling out the ECU. And if you do remove it, if it's the same as other years the back of the ECU, will have the door missing where the chip goes. Dead give away the ECU has been tampered. Also, if Ford does a program upgrade to the ECU you will have to send the chip back for reprogramming. With the flasher you will just need and updated tune which can be sent to you via email. If you have any warranty issues, you can reload the stock tune back to the ECU.

Does anybody know if Wayne has figured out some of the issues using the Xcal with the 07 ST? Several members that have used the Xcal with the 07 ST have posted issues they were having but I have not seen any posts stating the issues were solved. Anybody have any input on this? I have been holding off buying the Xcal for my 07 I have on order because I am concerned about some of the posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problems actually stem back from the base files SCT sells to Wayne. Then Wayne works his magic with those files and makes them way better....

I know it is being worked on...

Todd Z

Well I have 314 miles on my 07. I averaged 13.1 mpg the first tank of gas it ever had. V6 - mostly in town miles. 100 or so freeway miles. I think that's pretty good considering what I've seen here.

McGrady