07 V-8 Lemon

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got a new and interesting problem with my 2007 V-8 ST. Started it up this morning and engine revved to 2500 RPM for about 5 seconds and then dropped to 1000 RPM. Shut it off and restarted it and it did it again. Still the noisiest gasoline engine I have ever heard. The engine still shuts off for no apparent reason. Got a check engine light yesterday U 0100 lost communication with ECM/PCM?

Also got the wrench symbol light and the traction control light. The low fuel warning came on and kept beeping and flashing tank was full? Shut engine off and restarted all faults cleared except check engine light. Twice while pulling off from a stop light transmission slipped and then caught with a jerk. Sometimes when stopping transmission also jerks when down shifting into first gear. Dealer replacing engine has not done much good it seems.

That is truly sad. At least you're still under warranty. I hope your dealership(s) will be no-nonsense in taking care of you. I imagine it's a big hassle and stressful, but take it easy...

same thing happened to ours, but a simple fix. Of all crazy things possible, the oil fill cap had come off sometime since the previous oil change 2600 miles ago. How this happens, who knows, but it diagnosed as a vacuum leak~

Good luck with yours, no other trouble here whatsover!