2007 ST Ordering Guide

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis Munday

Reaction score
For anyone interested in buying a new ST, or those just interested, I've found the '07 ordering guide. You can look over all the options and equipment you'll be able to get. No prices are given, but I'd expect them to be about the same as the regular Explorer.

No limited slip will be available. Also, the dark gray interior is only available in the Limited models. All models have the chrome grill (yuck!)

I actually seen an Explorer with a color matched front end. It looked really nice. I wonder how long it is going to take for them to "wake up and smell the coffee"?

Took three years to color match the cladding.

Tom

No limited slip. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

It is officially official, no Trac for me.

Not everybody wants or needs a 4x4 vehicle. Some people need the added traction a limted Slip Axle will give for a reasonable price.

I bet they will decide to put drum brakes in the rear. LOL Just kidding, but it wouldn't suprise me.

Tom

These are deal breakers:

- Fixed Rear Window

- Non-Limited slip rear axle

(no mention of rear disc brakes?)

- to get the Door entry keypad (illuminated) you have to get the XLT/LIMITED CONVENIENCE PACKAGE (554). (which includes Adjustable Pedals, I dont want to pay for Adjustable Pedals, another moving part to break down).

Cant wait to see:

- Gas Milage

- Turning Circle

(Keep in mind this ST is 17.5 feet long with a wheel base that is 4" longer than the previous ST.

Really wanted to get an '07 as soon as it came out but looks like will be waiting to see if these things get addressed in a job 2 version. If NOT, then I may have to leave Ford.

Drug Enforcement Agency Tries Cocaine

Dual Electronic Automatic Temperature Control

Deluxe Enhanced Aerial Traction Control

Don't Eat Any Turkey Crap

Denver Ends A Tacoma Crisis

Don't Ever Alter Trac Configuration

Damn Even Altima's Triumphed Chrome

Don't Eat Any Twitching Chickens

Does Everyone Agree To Coors

Damn Every Acronym To Come

Adjustable pedals?

Oh well, at least it's not electronically deploying running boards that flip out when a door opens.

EDRBTFOWADO.

I like "Don't Ever Alter Trac Configuration ".

I love the rear window. Can't tell you how many times I've hauled lumber and stuck pieces through the rolled down window to make up for the short bed.

Ford is funny, gives us the V8 (#1 customer request), but takes away everything else.

The ST is already straying too far from the original intent of the vehicle, a rugged, sporty, go anywhere type of vehicle that can take all of friends and all of your stuff. At least it took Ford a few generations to mess up the T-Bird, but messing up the vehicle on the second generation? That's got to be some kinda record.

I'll wait for the job 2, if it doesn't get back what was taken away, I'm thinking foreign vehicles... but not the fugly ridgeline!!:lol::lol:

:lol:

I looked inside a Fugline this weekend. The dash looks like it's out of a... minivan. :eek:

I'm with Fer... gonna wait and see if they get smart later. Originally, I looked at the Supercrew, what sold me on the ST was the rear window and the lack of carpet inside. I would like another the same way.... I can deal with the carpet, but I want my rear window.

I agree 250% with JohnnyB!

These are deal breakers:

- Fixed Rear Window

- Non-Limited slip rear axle

(no mention of rear disc brakes?)

- to get the Door entry keypad (illuminated) you have to get the XLT/LIMITED CONVENIENCE PACKAGE (554). (which includes Adjustable Pedals, I dont want to pay for Adjustable Pedals, another moving part to break down).

Cant wait to see:

- Gas Milage

- Turning Circle

(Keep in mind this ST is 17.5 feet long with a wheel base that is 4" longer than the previous ST.

Really wanted to get an '07 as soon as it came out but looks like will be waiting to see if these things get addressed in a job 2 version. If NOT, then I may have to leave Ford.

I hope Ford wakes up out of the funk they are in. Or these type of mistakes which alienate die hard owners will have them end up like GM today laying off 33,000 workers and closing many plants!

Jeff:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Have the cash in the bank

Am looking forward to the new ST...

Not now...

Oh well, guess it's just the nature of the business. I can see the headlines now. "Ford closes 5 plants, and lets go 25 thousand workers."

"Toyota opens new plant in U.S. hires 55 thousand workers and buys controling stock in GMC AND Ford."

XMark3