2007 ST Ordering Guide

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After all, we are the ones spending our money, shouldn't we be the ones to dedice what options we will want?

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree..Iam not impressed with the options setup...also the tire options are skinny..Make me wonder, how large can you go, with the redsigned fender wells..:(

I am kicking myself for saying this but I would not be too dissapointed if Toyota was the company manufacturing my Sport Trac. Sorry guys, I am ashamed now.

Skid plates and limited-slip rear ends are not needed, since the new SportTrac is not a truck and is not designed to go off road. Its just another ricer-mobile.

Honda Ridgeline, here we come!

SERIOUSLY- WHAT KIND OF BOZOS DO FORD AND GM HAVE WORKING FOR THEM?

NO WONDER THEY ARE GOING BELLY-UP.

Yeah, that's stupid. I've had people pull up to me on the street and ask about the rear window. It was a huge deal for me between the Avalanche and the ST... ...there were others, but that was a big one. I suppose I'll be going to Toyota. Time for me to start checking their site every week for new and exciting changes to their Tundra line-up.

It really is amazing...Ford acted like they had redesigned the ST to be more in tune with the wishes of this web site's members, which apparently is their target audience. They made a special effort to reach out to us at the National meet, they delay our plans for the Louisville meet by telling us there will be something truly great coming with the next generation of ST and that we will be at the unveiling, and then they dump this piece of crap in our laps, and try to tell us this is what we were asking for. I'm sorry, If I was in the market for a souped up, pimped out, over-priced piece of crap, I'd buy a Dodge with a Hemi. :angry:

I know Ford reads this website, afterall, it's how they got the 'idea' to have monochromatic body cladding, but how in the world does Ford miss the target that bad? I guess Ford thought that by giving us a V8, they could slack on everything else. Many of the things that made the Sport Trac a Sport Trac are gone. All we have now is an Explorer with the back lopped off.

The SVT version, which I'm fairly confident is real, just how close to the concept it'll be is the only question, would be great with the above options. But, really, what performance vehicle that has any self respect DOESN"T have a limited-slip rear end? Or front end, as the case may be. The lack of a roll-down rear window would make me seriously consider the Toyota Tundra, which has not only the power rear window, but a solid rear axle and a limited slip.

I know, I keep complaining about the new ST, but the only way to get Ford to listen is by being vocal. The only thing we can hope for is that the new generation ST will be short lived, replaced by something that is more in tune with the original concept, idea, and implementation that the original had, particularly the Job 1 01's.

I guess the next thing Ford will do is make it 18 feet long, 6000 pounds and get 9 miles to the gallon. Looks like they are already 85% of the way there.

Anyone know anything about the Tundra lineup?

Yup, and you can get a power sliding rear window in that Nelson. Not up and down, but side to side, a sliding window none the less.

If the lack of a power-down sliding rear window is the issue, the Nissan Titan offers this feature also, and has much more power and room than the Tundra.

I know Ford reads this website, afterall, it's how they got the 'idea' to have monochromatic body cladding, but how in the world does Ford miss the target that bad? I guess Ford thought that by giving us a V8, they could slack on everything else. Many of the things that made the Sport Trac a Sport Trac are gone. All we have now is an Explorer with the back lopped off.

The SVT version, which I'm fairly confident is real, just how close to the concept it'll be is the only question, would be great with the above options. But, really, what performance vehicle that has any self respect DOESN"T have a limited-slip rear end? Or front end, as the case may be. The lack of a roll-down rear window would make me seriously consider the Toyota Tundra, which has not only the power rear window, but a solid rear axle and a limited slip.

I know, I keep complaining about the new ST, but the only way to get Ford to listen is by being vocal. The only thing we can hope for is that the new generation ST will be short lived, replaced by something that is more in tune with the original concept, idea, and implementation that the original had, particularly the Job 1 01's.

You know, the sad thing is that Ford maybe reading this forum, but they are like GM is now, and Chrysler was in the 70s: They will go down the toilet continuing to produce cars that no one wants to buy. Their management will continue to shake their heads and wonder "Why is our market share continuing to decline?" and "Why do the US company's continue to close

plants and lay off workers when the foreign companies can't build new plants fast enough?"

I'm sorry, but Ford is really screwing the pooch on the SportTrac redesign. The Trac will have lost its uniqueness and will be just as "truckish tough" as the Escape.

Kinda like they missed the mark with the 500 sedan. No power, bland styling, front wheel drive. Just when V8 powered rear drive sedans are making a comeback and selling like crazy (300, Charger).

I don't know what they were thinking with this either. The only redeeming feature of the 500 is that it's extremely roomy. But that's about it.:huh:

You know, the 'funny' (not funny ha-ha) thing about the new ST is that reviewers will probably love the thing. The new Ex is getting some pretty good reviews, with the main complaints being that some of the interior peices are 'cheap' for a vehicle approaching $40,000, in the case of the Limited Explorer. If that is any harbinger for the reviews of the ST, Ford will think they have a hit on thier hands. A shame Ford thinks making everything look like an Explorer or F150 will make it be OK.

I still stand behind my thoughts on what Ford should have done.

IMO, they should have takes the front half of the Explorer frame, and redisgned the back part of the frame to accept a solid rear axle. Now they have a frame for the Ranger and the Trac. Give the Trac a bolder and more agressive body work, much the same as the Trac had compared to the 2001 Explorer.

Since there is now a frame for the Ranger with the costs split between two vehicles, Ford can design a new Ranger body. Best of all, they have a frame that can handle a V8. So, they would kill two birds with one stone. A Ranger that has more power then the Honda Ridgeline, Nissan Frontier, Toyota Tacoma, Chevrolet/GMC Colorado/Canyon, and Dodge Dakota. The Ranger would also be stepping on the toes of the Full size trucks in regards to HP and Torque.

Instead, our rugged looking makes you want to go out and do something sporty vehicle that looks good both lifted and lowered at home at both the opera and the gravel pit SUV/Truck/family mobile, to a street only limited ability hunk of metal. (I ment to drag the sentence like that)

That is what the Trac looks like to me. It is an SUV, but functions as a truck. It looks right at home taking your girl out on a date to the opera, a day at the beach, and off the beaten path. The Trac looks like it is something you want to get into and go somewhere. That is exactly what I thought of when I first seen the Sport Trac.

The new Trac is well, Ho hum.

Tom

Why are the tires so much smaller? They are listed at 235.

Bigger rims, smaller tires.

Only offer 3.55 and 3.73 non-limited slip differentials.

Latest posts