2007 ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian Dalton

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm currently looking at an 07 ST V6 Limited with 32K on it. They are looking for $23K for it. My question is how much should I be paying for it? Also I have not been to this forum in a couple of years. Does everyone think the new ST is better than the old one?

Thanks

Ian

I think the best website to check car prices is Edmunds.com. Click on used car appraiser, put in whatever options you are getting, type in the milegae and you get 3 different prices as to what you should pay. Check it out. It's great!

I love my 2002 ST. I don't know much about the new ones to say anything, although I know they no longer have the rubber floors or the electric back window(might be an option???), my 2 favorite things.

first off, welcome back :)

i have had 2 gen 1 tracs and now have a loaded 07, V-8 limited with 33K.

imo, the gen 2 is better.

i think the 23K price is a just a bit high, but that is negotiable.

also, what other options does it have and what is your opinion of the condition?

The dealership near my house has an '08 on display in front for $21K new. Granted, it's not a limited, but it is brand new with close to no miles on it, full factory warranty, etc.

Personally, I wouldn't pay that for a used ST. I didn't even pay that much for mine new. You should be able to talk them down, especially right now.

That's just a bit more than I paid for my my 08 XLT v6 2wd. With the price of fuel these days I think a good "starting point" might be a little closer to 20k. I definetely wouldn't pay a dime more than 20k, probably closer to 18-19k range.

Thanks guys!

It is a 4x4, does that add a lot? Also I've driven in a few trucks and one thing I never like is that when you go over a bump the rear end seems to kick up. Is it the same in the new ST or does it ride more like a SUV?

Thanks

Ian

JZ, the new ST's still have rubber floors, and the power rear window is an option. Supposedly the ride is MUCH better in the new ST due to its suspension redesign.

Ian,

With rebates and such you will probably be able to get a brand new '08 for near that price by the end of the summer, and given that it will be new, qualify for lower finance rates than you would for a used '07 and you get warranty coverage for a longer period.

That price you quoted sounds awfully high. I suspect the KBB and Edmunds prices for all SUVs are still inflated over what most would pay these days.

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
I just purchased an 07 used w/ 33k for $20,000, out the door,including all taxes, etc., I used the edmunds true market value link on the edmunds website as a guide for negotiating purposes., and it indicates what people are acttually paying for vehicle. My 07 is a certified pre-owned, so I expected to pay a bit more but actually got if for less than I expected. I asked what the lowest the dealer would take, and they actually were lower than the edmunds true market value amount on the first round of negotiation, I asked for a couple of things but they said no, but I sstill feel like I got a fair deal, not a great deal, but a fair deal.

Thanks everyone! Maybe I should wait till the end os summer and see what the deals are like. An 08 would be nice. Is there anything you guys do not like about these trucks? Things to look out for? BTW are there any plans to put Fords SYNC system in the ST?

Ian, I just traded my 07 ST Limited V8 2WD for an 08 F150 and they give my 21000 for it. It had only 16500 miles on it and was in excellent shape. I know that they expect to sell it for more, but IMOP, they won't get much over that for it. They just wanted to sell me the truck I wanted at the x plan price that I had,,,,,,,good luck,,,,,you will love the ST if you get it. I just needed more pulling power,,,,,,,hated to see the ST go!

BTW are there any plans to put Fords SYNC system in the ST?

About halfway through the 2008 model year, the SYNC system became standard in every model throughout Ford/Lincoln/Mercury. It's proven to be a very popular feature for FoMoCo.