2007 Trac is history

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is silly about this is.. If you had the PCM recalibration as is indicated in a TSB from Ford that addresses the above concerns, they go away. I had it done to mine and have several friends that did the same and none of us have ever had those issues again, even over a year later.

Did that, it lasted about 2 months and then the issues came back (maybe even worse). I find this frustrating. I really don't want to go through the hassle of returning to the dealer to get this fixed AGAIN. Specially considering it would take less time to go to a dealer and buy a new vehicle!

c.l., best of luck with the hummer. very rarely see it in that colour, good choice.

tom,

my point is......... if tom doesn't like it, it sucks !!!

sport trac, gen 1 vs gen 2, let the owners who have had both tell you. i have had 2 gen 1's prior to the gen 2. imo, better but it is also a different type of vehicle than the gen 1.

c-4 corvette, before you make a statement, you are saying "bland". once again, i didn't know looks made the vehicle. in 84, the overall vehicle was cutting edge and had very much ample power and handling for its time. once again, if tom doesn't like it, it sucks :huh:

C.L. had taken his Trac to 3 different dealers trying to get the issues resolved. Transmission fix would last a few weeks and back to the same Ole stuff. His motor was replaced at around 4000 miles. New motor sounded fine for a month or so and then it started rattleling. I don't blame him for getting rid of it. It was crap from the get go. I plan on getting an 08 Adrenalin but because of what I have seen and heard I will be getting the V6.

Would the 3800 V6 actually give the suv decent power? I know it is a great engine, I have the Series I in my cherished 92 leSabre, and I have driven rides with the series II and III, and they're all responsive and powerful, but I don't know how they would move a large thing like the h3.

My only thought on hummers is why did they get rid of the H1, which was the only "true" hummer imo ?

I do like the red-orange color...for a long time only rice came in orange, so it seemed.

**I contest the underpowered claim for the gen 1--they accelerate poorly, but I haven't found any complaints about my ride's power.

I had the reprogram done and never had a problem again and it was over a year later before I decided to buy an Adrenalin. None of our customers having bought the V8 are having any issues, or they have been resolved. Sounds like you just got unlucky. :(

The V6 sucks, and to me is underpowered for the weight of a sport trac. I have talked to everyone we have sold sport tracs to into the V8, and every single one to the last one has said they were glad they bought the V8, not the V6.

Hell to me one of the reasons to buy the newer Sport Trac 07+ is the fact you could finally get a V8 and have the power you needed to move it down the road. You can tow more weight than you ever will, have the power to pass a vehicle very easily when needed, and it its up the mtns/hills.

Paired with the 6 speed transmission, it nearly gets what the V6 does in gas mileage too, unless you are just an in town driver.

I loved my last V8 and got it again in my Adrenlain and have ZERO regrets.

Hope you enoy your H3 like I have my Sport Tracs!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
C.L. Marshall,

Don't let the Ford apologists get you down. Ford dropped the ball big-time on the '07 STs. It was typical first-model-year stuff that would be excusable IF the new gen ST wasn't so much like the Explorer that was out model years before it.

Oh well. Maybe if they lay off a few thousand more employees and drop even more in sales figures they will ultimately get bought out by Toyota and things will turn around.

TJR

Latest posts