2007 XLT V8 4WD transfer case fluid to refill with?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I checked the transfer case fluid and it's low with the car at temp but not running. Should I have the motor running or not to check the transfer case level? Most info I see online appears to check it not running. The manual said to use Motorcraft MERCON Multi-purpose ATF. Couldn't find that at stores but O'Reilly's said to use the Valvoline DEX/MERCON ATF fluid?
What is your experience/suggestion.

I'm trying to do more servicing my cars since I have the two post lift but some things I have no previous experience with! I hate to eff anything up trying to maintain things.

Info appreciated,
OLE442
Hi OLE 442 . I also have a 2007 trac 4x4 v/8 .When you changed transfer case oil did you have to pump it in ? If so what kind of pump did you use ? I am about to change mine too .I have the mercon LV already ,2 QTS. Thanks buddy . Up here in No. In.

You don’t need to pump it in persay but if you don’t have a bottle with a pourspout on the top there’s no way you’re going to get it up in there so you may need some kind of squirt bottle or a pump.

You don’t need to pump it in persay but if you don’t have a bottle with a pourspout on the top there’s no way you’re going to get it up in there so you may need some kind of squirt bottle or a pump.

I used a pump like you'd get at Harbor Freight, auto parts store or a hardware store. I think it just made it easier although a third hand would have helped...LOL! The pump is fairly inexpensive!

https://www.harborfreight.com/multi-use-transfer-pump-63144.html?_br_psugg_q=transfer+pump

af58dd6fc18c99e46f79fd287d82ca84.jpg

Latest posts