advertising fee

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred Timmons

Reaction score
was just making the deal on a new limited loaded for dealer invoice when I noticed the 435.00 charge for advertising on the sticker price. The dealer says it is on all sportracs since job 2. Is this true and have any of you had to pay this? Sounds not quite right to me. How bout to you guys?

maybe there collecting money so that they can budget for commercials for the ST:D

i think it just a gimmic

That sucks, they dont advertise it and there are advertising tax breaks also. They are probably double collecting...

It sounds like the car companies are taking a tip from the telephone companies and charging all this miscellanious fee's that cost as much as the telephone service itself.

I feel that advertising costs have always been built into the price of the vehicle and they should remain there. I don't think anyone likes to base their purchase on a base price and then have the seller add all the additional fees. That just pisses off customers, and I don't think that's the direction that Ford should be going now.

...Rich

negotiate to make them reduce the price that much? When I bought my ST it had a fee for the AutoArmor package (about 600.00) and I told them I didn't want it. "It's already on there, we do all our vehicles...." was their response. I said either order one without, or take it off the price... they did. I just didn't get the "warranty" on it.

Only issue I have had is one place they missed when applying the paing protectant... the little piece of body colored plastic just behind the roof rails has clearcoat flaking off. The other side is fine.

I'll live with it.

It's not a dealer added item...it's a required fee on all retail vehicles (I asked what is up with it because it wasn't on the original inquiry, but it was on the official order)...I think X-plan bypasses this though :)

Nope, it's in X-plan, too. I looked up the X-plan details on a fordpartner website and it states that the advertising fees (as well as things like the fuel charges) can be added to the x-plan price. If it makes anyone feel better, I bought a Pontiac GP in '04 and GM adds an advertising fee, too.

well, after all your comments I talked to dealer again and told him I was going to buy it at another dealership for invoice without the ad fees. He said he would drop them....nice deal....thanks for all your help

Beach Bum

Good for you !

I also NEGOTIATED that fee away. Now have the dealer change the sale price to become invoice instead of X-plan.The dealership makes the same profit and you will now qualitify for more Ford bonus's. AQHA is good for $500 and a year membership cost $35.00.

From personal experience when thinking of purchasing a new 05 way back they use the advertising fee as a bargaining tool... the fella that I dealt with kept saying that he would even credit me back the $$$ that Ford gives them to advertise vehicles to help with sales.

Latest posts