Any 07 v8 job 2 with engine noise

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ford replaced my engine due to knocking and chirping noise.

New engine sounds like a diesel but is not as loud as old one.

It is the noisiest gasoline engine I have ever heard. Should have got the V-6

New engine also misfires and cuts off just like the old one did. :(

Mine is full of chirping, fluttering, whining noises - since day 1. The noises are something that no one should have to put up with. Like Clarence's, mine often sounds like a diesel too.

7 weeks old, 2,000 miles - and its back at the dealer now for the second time. They've been working on it for 2 days - with no word. In the meantime, I'm beating the n_ts off their loaner car. Think I'll go 'drifting" tonight.

I haven't noticed the noise in my V8 yet, and I am close to 5,000 miles. Maybe I just don't know what to listen for, but it seems quiet. I can hear clicking at idle, but it sounds like the injectors firing...

No extra noises from Ghosty so far....12,917 miles. I love this truck....Ghosty is Job1, actually #292 off the line. I really feel for you guys with the bad motors. I cannot understand how this can happen, and, once identified, should be no questions asked when a knocking motor comes back to ANY Ford dealer with a bummed customer, man, that engine should be replaced mucho quickly. I think Ford is just reeling in pain, and not tending to base business. Has anybody seen an '07 ST in a TV ad? Not in Houston, and we have cable, too. It's almost like they want the ST to fail.

Again, sounds just like the dreaded "Piston Slap" issue with the newly redesigned

Chevy Silverado engine(s) I had back in '02!

4.8 Litre sounded just like a diesel on start-up, and for the first 20 seconds to 2 minutes

depending on outside temperatures!

G.M. denied any knowledge of it, just like Bill Clinton did with Monica Lewinsky(!!!),

untill several class-action lawsuits were filed on owners behalfs!:D

First engine in my Job 1 sounded like a diesel and was replaced at 850 miles. They removed an injector lead and the noise went away. I'd suggest pulling individual injector connectors while it is running to see if the noise goes away. If it does, could be a potential bottom-end issue.

The 2nd engine I'm on is great. I'm going to be turning over 15k miles on my ST this weekend and have no issues with the engine.

The one I test drove back in March was really loud. But it was not a piston slap sound. It seemed more like valvetrain or injector related. I have been a bit gun-shy ever since. Meaning I haven't bought one yet. :(

Sorry to hear about your engine issues. I have a job 1 V8 with 2700 miles and no issues so far. I would say my 4.6 is as quiet or even more quiet than the 4.0 V6 I had in my Ranger. Hopefully Ford resolves the 4.6 issue because the rest of the vehicle is an awesome package, great ride, handling, quiet interior etc. Good luck!!

Clicking started around 2500k miles. It's definitely relative to rpm speed. Vehicle delivered around 1/15/07 built in late December. Guess I'll pull some injector connectors tomorrow, it sounds like it's top end related.

Mine only has around 1900 miles on it. (I don't drive enough!). No unusual noises. It isn't real quiet, but has some ticks at idle, but nothing I would call severe. The intake noise (stock) is a sweet sound when I get on it!

My '07 ST is back in the shop...... for the 3rd time...! Chirping, ticking, whining noises, since new. (I posted on this about 3 weeks ago.) Yep. Its still there.

Ford Engineering looked at it about 10 days ago. Suggested more "tests", which didn't work. Now they are ripping the valve train out (I never thought it was piston slap) and we're waiting for Ford Engineering to return. In the meantime, like twice in the past, I am beating the living snot out of their loaner car.

I've been preoccupied with far more imprtant things lately, so I haven't had the time (or the head) to "go-off" on Ford. The only thing keeping me "in the game" is that, overall, I really like the ST and there is nothing else out there that turns my head. Not yet, anyway.

This is getting old. Real old.