Any Pit Bull Owners?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A neighbor has had one for six years. A family pet that has been as nice as can be. One day the adult son that still lived home was helping his mother with dishes and they started playing around with the dish towels, swinging them at each other. The dog took this as an act of aggression against the mother and attacked the son. This man is 6/3 tall and well built. Long story short, a trip to the ER in the ambulance and lots and lots of stitches. If this was a child instead of a large man things could have been a lot worse. Now get this, they keep the dog because he was the family pet for six years and everyone loved him. You never know what will trip their trigger. Like the loaded gun laying around, it’s harmless until the trigger is pulled. I never had any personal experence with one myself. Good luck with yours.

I took her to the dog park today. I started off in the small dog area. She did really well. Wasnt aggressive with dogs that were smaller than her, and she's only 2 1/2 months old. Although she already weighs in at 25lbs. She kept going to the fence where the big dogs were and running up and down. Everybody was like dont take her over there, she's just a puppy and will get beat up.

Took her over there anyway. She submitted to every dog that approached her, let them do their inspection. She quickly learned who her playmates were, and who to stay away from. She did awesome. She was the smallest dog there, but she was having a ball playing with dobies, great danes, shephards. THere was 1 other pit there, he wasnt aggressive, but kind of rough with other dogs. Just threw his weight around instead of biting.

She definitely stole the show. Everybody ooh'd and ahh'd over her.

She gets lots of love and 1 on 1 attention. She's insanely intelligent. 3 to 5 times of trying to teach her tricks she picks them up. She's attentive enough to listen to me when I tell her to sit or come when there's 15 dogs running around her and it's hectic. She's got a great dispotision and temperment. I think with love and training she is going to be an awesome dog.

Hopefully as she grows up, and she's around so many people, I can help destroy the nasty reputation that dumb people give pit bulls. If I can change one person's opinion, I'll be happy.

On the local news tonight: Three pit bulls, belonging to Atlanta Falcon DeAngelo Hall, being kept by his brother, chewed thru a newly erected cedar fence and attacked a man walking his dog. Man was hospitalized with serious lacerations. No word on his dog's fate.

They showed pictures of the fence. It was sturdy looking. The pits had torn off a section of fence at the bottom. The teeth marks were clearly visible in the adjacent panels.

Just too many of these stories for this to be a misunderstood breed.

What Rich Stern said.

Good luck with the dog. I would never own one, and am glad that none of my neighbors do. I don't have a gun, but if my neighbors bought a PB, I would buy one.

I have never heard about a Chiuaua killing a toddler. Have heard plenty of stories about PBs doing that though...and these aren't "falsely accused"...they were on the 6 o'clock news. Regardless who is at fault, ultimately you have to blame the breed.

TJR

Latest posts