Bald Eagles

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roger

They go up in the hills at night, than after dark the wild pigs come down, but they scare the hell out of me:eek:

Great pics Stu, as an novice birder they are truly great.

We went to the pinnicles a few weeks back and saw some condors (they look like small planes) awesome birds.

Your welcome guys. While I was there I ran into a storm chaser that was taking pictures with his Canon with a 400 zoom lens. He almost laughed at me carrying a 200 lens. Next time I see him I will have to show him the pics and tell him a 200 lens does work. It was kind of fun sneaking up on the birds.:D

Great pictures, Stu!:cool:

When I was in the Navy, back in 1988 my first ship went to Adak, AK for two weeks, and bald eagles were everywhere. Perched on the street lights, on rooftops, all over the place, like robins or black birds. The most beautiful, majestic, and also intimidating bird I've ever seen. I found out that you cannot win a stare-down contest with a bald eagle. I was standing on the street and looked up at one perched on a street light, and he just glared down at me with a menacing stare. I quickly said "Sorry, pal!", looked away, and walked off!:D

Awesome pics, Stu! Such a majestic bird! We have one living in a tree that is on the farm next to us. Can view it easily from the back porch with binoculars! Also there are many of them living in the wild, at the Pymingtuning Spillway (across from the learning center)

When Tom and Teresa came out, we met a man, that offered us a chance to view the Eagles with him and his friend at the learning center, His friend, had a telescope and we were all able to view these wonderful birds closely.

BTW, Tom (Caymen) We have seen the same man, bird watching, while passing by the spillway, a few times since then. :)

amazing creature. I saw one once in the country up here in Ontario. It was amazing to see one in real life!

and my god, that camera is sharp

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts