Battery specs

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig Martin 2

Reaction score
Hey guys I know I don't have the original battery in my 05. I'd like to replace the one that's in there in the near future....it's my dads and he needs it back in the spring for his trailer up north. My question is what was the original specs for the original battery. I was thinking of upgrading to something a bit stronger. I'm not looking for anything fancy or too expensive ie under $150 cdn.

Stock battery is a Motorcraft BXT-65-650 shown in the owners manual page 243. 650CCA with 130 minute reserve.

Surprisingly, many Ford dealers offer this excellent OEM battery or the upgraded 850 CCA for around $130 in the U.S.

May be worth looking into if you have a convenient local Ford dealer in Canada. GL

Last edited by a moderator:
Motorcraft Battery Product Line

Battery Specification Chart

Stock battery is a Motorcraft BXT-65-650 shown in the owners manual page 243. 650CCA with 130 minute reserve.

Surprisingly, many Ford dealers offer this excellent OEM battery or the upgraded 850 CCA for around $130 in the U.S.

May be worth looking into if you have a convenient local Ford dealer in Canada. GL

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/catalog/owner_guides/05p27og3e.pdf

My Quick Lane website offers a coupon for the 850 Motorcraft CCA battery for $119 installed. That is about as cheap as anywhere for the upgraded battery. 5-year warranty.

Motorcraft batteries are made by Johnson Controls, same as Advance Auto Duralast, and several others.

:banana:

Thanks again guys. My dad got one from costco for me. 850cca 1000 reserve for $99. put it in last saturday and it made a big difference. Its also made by Johnson controls.

Latest posts