best subwoofers???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clay Campbell

Reaction score
i was just interested in everyones opinions on the best aftermarket subwoofers that you guys have had experience with. i plan to put my system back together at the first of the summer. i like a good amount of base. let me know?

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally like JL audio equiptment. I have never had a problem with them. It is really just a matter of personal opinion mostly. The term " You get what you pay for" really holds true in car audio.

"You get what you pay for" really holds true in car audio

Only true if you are looking at big name companies. There are tons of small car audio specific companies that will dollar for dollar out perform any JL equipment.

I personally would never spend that much on audio equipment as I feel after a certain point it is a waste.

Back to the orginial question though, I own an Ascendant Audio Assassin 10" and love it. It's their entry level model and it sounds better than all of the RF/Kicker equipment I've ever heard (I have never heard their super high end stuff which I know is good but most people don't buy their top dollar stuff because it's so expensive) My sub was $125 when I bought it.

i have a diamond d6 15 and i just burned the voice call completely and a lot of other people say diamonds don't last long and i'm starting to have to agree with that but i know mojo's new line of speakers hit really hard but jl's are also great as long as you go with a jl w6 or w7 model

Do some research, there are plenty of options. I'm using an image dynamics ID10 D2, entry level, and am extremely happy with it. As JDBoxes states there are pleny of choices less expensive than the big name brands. I suggest figuring out what direction you're going in big bass sound, clarity, a combination of the two and then work your way around that.

i have a diamond d6 15 and i just burned the voice call completely and a lot of other people say diamonds don't last long

are you over powering it?

is it in a ported or sealed box?

I've always heard good things about diamond, but never had any personal experiance with them..

i am thinking either gonna go with digital design eights or the new memphis s class tens or twelves. you can see my old set up in my library, i built that one but it got stolen. im gonna get my next box built by the guy who installed my alarm. he is a very good box tuner from what i have seen. and opinons on digital design of the memphis s class

I needed an 8" sub to fit in my single 8" JDBox enclosure and the Rockford Fosgate P28S4 fits if you leave out the rear plastic "shield". Sounds great.

Dingo, I've wanted to use those as midbass in my doors to make my own compenant set for awhile, but I never got around to it, and now I'll be selling the ST in August.

They just seem like they would be a fun speaker to play with.

I seem to recall someone making a box for two of them and having it metered at like 118db. (I might be wrong on that though)

Latest posts