Brakes Disc/Pads changed; 2 months later feel pulsing again

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ITs still baffles my mind why people buy crap from Autozone? Cheaper rotors are thinner, therefore will warp easier. Wagner rotors are alot thicker and Very well machined..Plus when you stand a rotor up on end for to long, ie if the store stores them like that or warehouse, that will warp a rotor as well....When buying new rotors always have them turned for A. make sure they are true B. instead of a slick surface, get a freshly cut surface with the new pad. They will wear better together!! I have always used Wagner Thermo quiets, on my race cars and trucks! The best paid I have ever tried!!

Cheaper rotors are thinner, therefore will warp easier.

Got proof?

Read the link I posted about warped rotors..I will quote a part of it.

In fact every case of "warped brake disc" that I have investigated, whether on a racing car or a street car, has turned out to be friction pad material transferred unevenly to the surface of the disc. This uneven deposition results in thickness variation (TV) or run-out due to hot spotting that occurred at elevated temperatures.

This information is not by me but actually a company that makes high performance braking systems. They should know a thing or two about rotors and brakes. More then you or I will ever know.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for all the replies. I'm gonna go ahead and swap them out, then do the back brakes, change the brake fluid all at the same time. I'll get better rotors this time to eliminate the possibility of them being the problem.