Buying a 03 or newer sport trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billy Horn

Reaction score
My little focus died last week,

<a href="http://www.billyhorn.com/DeadFocus.jpg">focus</a>

and one of the replacemets I'm looking at is a the sport trac 4x4.

I'm looking at ones that are around 40,000 miles or under, and was wondering what issues I should look out for in them if any.

p.s. the 07 is out of my budget.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. I have a 03 trac 2wd that I have had since new. The only problem that I have had was an issue with the tranny at about 30,000 mi. I took it into the dealer and they fixed it under warranty. I now have 80,000 mi and have not experienced any further problems. I do tow alot and believe that I may have casued the tranny problem myself by towing something over the reccomended limit but I didnt tell the dealer that. ;)

Don

I have an 04 with about 45K miles on it. Bought it new and only had one warranty issue....LS clutch pack was replaced. No other problems. If the one you buy has factory shocks, do yourself a favor and put on good ones. Search on this site and you will find out all about shocks for the Trac.

I bought an '01 from the local dealer with 48,000 miles on it. Anything less than 50,000 is eligible for an extended warranty. The transmission was rebuilt at 56,000 for $50. Only problem. Traded in February at 65,000 for an '05 with 18,000 miles. So far, so good.