Cat configuration vs. more air

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the configuration is for the '02 exhaust system? Does it have 5 cats or 2 pre-cats and 3 cats? Can the last cat be eliminated since it has no sensors or wires? If so, how will that affect the performance throughout the power bands?

There are 4 02 sensors... 2 in the manifold and 2 after the last cat....

There are 2 pre cats in the "Y" pipe and 2 after the "Y" pipe.... You can eliminate ( based on your states inspection laws) the 2 pre cats.. ( WAYNE FOY sells a nice bolt in y pipe), and replace the back 2 with 1 high flow cat... You suffer some bottom end, and the truck will be louder... You will gain some MPG and some top end HP....

I do not know about CEL light, but if you re-flash the computer you can shut off the back 02 sensors so they don't read a problem..

Todd Z

Thanks, Todd. First, does Wayne have a web site? Also, I do not want to lose my bottom end. Can I just lose the very last cat in favor of no cat or a high flo cat, or will that just be a waste of money?

Ed

Latest posts