changed trans fluid

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Woodard

Reaction score
My son works at the Ford place so I let him take my ST to work with him last Saturday . He serviced my transmiission , rotated my tires and lined up the front end . I can tell that it shifts much smoother and quicker .I have a 02 and the only problem that I've had so far is the my electric mirrow switch went out , cost me $100 cause my warranty was out by 10 days .So far this has been one of the best vehicles that I have ever owned . I've been reading this forumn since I first got the ST , from what I've been reading , I been looking for the ST to just fall apart cause everybody has had problems . I really hate that Ford is going to change the ST to a street rod cause I think that I would buy consider buying another ST.

johowo,

Does your son work at CarGuys Family Ford Lincoln Mercury? That's where I got my Trac.

I personally do not like the new look either...

Please remember, These places like this site normally get all the complaints and none of the praise... I remember when i joined I saw all the issues, then went "waite" my st does the same thing....

There are not enough "my ST did great" vs. the "problem" posts...

Todd Z

I remember one time someone did a "my ST did great" post. Sadly, part of the response they got was comments like "It's a shame that you have to celebrate when a vehicle makes it on a trip without breaking down" :wacko:

I love my trac! :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
My 04 Trac has about 31K miles, have had it about 20 months. Not one single problem. None. Even the OEM brake pads have lots of life left in them; contrary to what one would think from reading about all the brake complaints here. Do standard maintenance every 5K miles. Only been to the shop for the tranny additive and that took all of 1/2 hour. I honestly believe that those who have problems are in the minority among Trac owners. My Trac is the best vehicle I've ever owned in terms of reliablilty and versatility. Nothing else has even come close and I've own vehicles since 1973; domestic and foreign, big and small.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope ya'll are right. I'm picking up my '05 St when I get back to the states on 6-October. I just sold my old 91 BMW 520i....my God what a great car. I feel like i just sold a part of my family. I know this site is dedicated to STs, but that car was GREAT. I bought it for $4200 in '01 and loved it every second. Drove it all over Europe. It was a lot older than most cars around here, but never gave me any problems. Had to replace the radiator, because it was old (13 years at the time), and a few minor things like valve-gasket cover, out-put seals...fixxed it all myself at my bases's self-help garage. I know foreign cars aren't very popular with some americans,, and I admit to hating them before I owned this one, but DANG, the Germans can make a sweet ride!

Anyways, I just hope the ST will prove to be as reliable and trust-worthy as that old car. I got a great deal on it and am excited to own my first NEW car. Got lots of plans in mind for it.

DD

I second what Todd, Fred, and Bill said. I have an 01 with 103K on it. Nothing done to it other than regular maintenance.

99 people could have a great experience and not post anything about it. Then there is one guy who thinks he hears a strange noise once upon a time, so he raises hell.

I don't like the street rod look either because I actually use my truck for truck stuff. If they come out with the street rod look, I am not buying.

The Hawk :cool:

I still say, without dividing this site or forum too much, that we need to get

a Performance-v-Durability link going. That is just my suggestion, for now, as

to what I would call it.

I, being an A.S.E. Master Certified Mechanic for the past 20 years, do not

believe our tracs were basically designed from the factory, to push 300+

horsepower. Nor do I believe that they are inherently pieces of $h!t!!!

It depends on what you do to them, for your own personal preferences and

needs, as to how long they will last, and how reliable that they will be.

I think that this new link will better help our members, both old and new, better

make an informed descision as to what they want to do with their tracs, based on

their needs, preferences and wants. ;)

Latest posts