Condensation in headlights

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DKF

2008 Limited
Reaction score
I just bought new headlights because of condensation in the old ones. After a month there’s condensation in my drivers side new one that seems to never dissipate. Youtube has all kinds of videos to clear it, which I’ve done, and it returns. Also, some say seal them, some say drill holes in the back of them so the moisture can escape. Does anyone have the definitive answer for this? I’ll buy more new ones if I know they won’t start filling up with condensation. It makes me crazy. Thankfully they’re super easy to swap in and out with only the 3 screws to remove. Any help is much appreciated!
image.jpg

I am not sure DKF but if it is condensation, maybe it is sealed in and needs to be let out. Maybe the seal went bad because of the air inside expanding! I have drilled holes in the rear lights before and it worked. If someone knows better than me, please say something. I don't want to give bad advice.
Ed

Not bad advice at all. Figured out that the headlight enclosures are vented. It’s a rectangular vent underneath the main bulb. So air can escape. I resealed both headlights today after drying them out and we’ll see what happens. Now I have to figure out how to turn off my dashboard “check headlights” warning since I put some new LEDs in today. It’s always something….

Latest posts