Crappy OEM Tires

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Bloyd

Reaction score
My crappy OEM Michelin tires are worn out at only 23,000 on my 2008. Have any of you replaced the OEM tires on your 07+ Trac and if so what has everyone had good luck with as a replacement? I'm looking for an all season, not a pure summer time since we get snow and ice in Kansas.

Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos did great for me in Oklahoma on and off-road. They were also great in snow.

It appears both the first and second generation Sport Tracs burn through tires quickly. The first generation STs had a problem with tire cupping. Did yours just wear out fast or were they damaged by uneven wear?

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wildcat, I have a 2002 trac that the wranglers were junk about the same time as you. After much research, I bought the bridgestone dueller revos. I love them. Pittsburgh winters have put them through their paces and they've preformed well. The look is cool too. I had a buddy by them for his f150 because he liked the look. pics in my library

I just had to replace my ties on my 01. I got the Mickey Thompson's Baja ATZ Radial Plus on mine and they are great in the snow and great on the dry pavement. Here is the website if your interested. Also I paid about $200 per tire.

Mine just wore out really fast. I've been thinking about the Duelers, so good to hear other Trac owners love them. They have good reviews on other sites as well.

Yeah, the CrapYear tires on my '03 STA got all cupped and howled going down the highway.

The Michelin OEM tires on my '07 wore very evenly and quietly and lasted 22,000 miles. First pair of sucky Michelin tires I have ever owned.

Ford sure knows how to pick crappy tires for their vehicles. Blowout Firestones for the Exploders, and SportTrac gets crappy tires too.

BF Goodrich Long Trail T/A Touring tires are looking like new (some of the rubber tits are still on them) and driving great after 6,000 miles.

My 245/65/17 Goodyear Fortera were worn out at 21,000. kinda pissed me off.

I have General Ameritrac TR 255/70/17 now.

Almost 15,000 on mine and still look new. Worked surprisingly well in the sands of Glamis, even without being aired down.

I squeased 40,000 mikes out of the original crapy Michelins. (07 Limited 4X4) They wore even, but they wore fast. Rotated every 3,000 miles. Just replaced them with Brigstone Dueler H/L. Only have about 1,000 miles on them but so far I like them. They ride nice, are quite and the OWL looks better than the Michelins in my opinion. ;)

My Pirelli Scorpion STR-As are the bomb. Much quieter than the stock Goodyear Forteras and excellent traction wet or dry. Got them from Tirerack.com for $104 each...and that was for 20"! Only complaint is a slight growl under heavy braking...but that could be a balance issue with the back-side stick-on weights on my custom wheels. Highly recommended!

Just replaced the Michelins on my 08 Limited at 22k miles. They were shot. I had rotated them 3 times in 11 months. I replaced them with the Yokohama 520's and really like them. Nice ride, low noise, and great traction here in North Dakota. Rod

Just replaced the Michelins on my 08 Limited at 22k miles. They were shot. I had rotated them 3 times in 11 months. I replaced them with the Yokohama 520's and really like them. Nice ride, low noise, and great traction here in North Dakota. Rod

I replaced the Hanooks on the '07 Ford Focus at 24k miles, and they could have been replaced sooner. Was hydro-planing and down to the wear bars. That was with regular rotation.

Ford puts the cheapest crap on at the factory it seems...especially when it comes to shocks and tires. It's no surprise really. Just another "bold move."

TJR

Latest posts