Diablo chip problem

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill C

Reaction score
I have an 02 Sport Trac and have had my Diablo chip in for the last 3 years. Well I got the seat recline bolt recall a good while ago and was just waiting for something else to wrong beofre i took it on for service. I have an extended warantee on my Trac. I took the chip out beofre service of course. well they must have did some updates or something because when I got it back my chiop does not work. Truck will not start up at all with the chip installed. Who is doing reprogramming on these chips now? I can't seem to find any info on it now. I bought the chip off of the vendor who sold them on here years ago. Who can I call for a re-flash?? ASAP. The truck sucks without it!! LOL Email me at [email protected] if you can help me! Thanks!

Jill :wacko:

Hey Realm...

Yes, the dealer re flashed your computer and changed the computer code....

there should be a sticker under the hood for a re calibration. IF not you may have to ask them for the new code, but they do know the only reason is because of aftermarket stuff...

Also are you sure the chip was re installed correctly?? Contacts clean ??

I personally had problems with chips and do not recommend them any more.

An XCAL from one of the 2 tuners we have here as site sponsors is the way to go..

They might be able to re flash the chip for you also, But you still need to know the new computer code the dealer flashed.

Todd Z

rich sounds like the dealer reflashed your computer.

i dont know who does chips though. i would call the dealer and find out what they did

paul h

Edit Todd Z beat me to the reply. sorry for th repeat.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts