DIRECT TV ?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob moore 2

Reaction score
Is it better to order service thru the internet, call on the phone or go to a retailer?

will u get better deals, quicker installation, etc?

Ask your question at Satelite Guys US.

They are one of the top websites on all things Satellite.

They have forums on Direct TV and have some people there that can give you excellent advice.

if your order online you need to look under their promos and discount section if the have one.

dish does.

pretty much if your are a new customer the same deals are on the net as they are with the local retailer that installs satellite.

If you call them direct either one of the companies, DIRECT or Dish or talk to the local office that installs the service you could get a better explaination. But ask the right questions.

what is the current promos?

Are my favorite channels included in the package (that the promo is for) (have your list ready so they can check for you)

are local channeles included or is there a seperate charge?

(if you want the dvr service) is that charge for all receivers or only for the one reciever?

Is there a charge for EACH receiver, or each television? (dish does have dual tuners *one receiver 2 remote controlls, and can watch seperate channels on the two tv at the same time* I am not sure about Direct)

How many rooms can be hooked up with this promo without extra charge? Some promos will cover only 2 rooms, most cover 4 so ASK. 5 rooms are more will have extra install charges or equiptment charges. so ASK.

these are questions alot of my customers would NOT ASK and I would tell the answers anyway...because I knew they would not ask.

it's a good way to find out hidden charges (incase you are not quoted the actual costs)

Last edited by a moderator:
DirecTV and I have had a long ongoing problem in billing. Back in October 2000, our system was struck by lightning, blew out the receivers and thus, no more DirecTV. I sent them a letter telling them to cancel my subscription. They accepted it, and in December 2000, they terminated my service. Every year since then, they have tried to "collect" on 3 months of service (through February 2001) that I didn't pay for. I keep sending them copies of all the correspondence I've had with them as well as theirs. The last was the best. After telling them to stop sending me "threat" letters, they sent me a type of spreadsheet showing where I owed them money. Strangest thing was that it showed my service discontinued in November 2000 - 3 months BEFORE they said I owed them! Haven't heard anything since I highlighted, the same sheet they sent me, in bright yellow and sent it back! I've been a very happy subscriber to Comcast for the last 7 years! Also, if you watch the commercials, cable DOES offer more HDTV channels than DirecTV does!

Mike,

Maybe all cable providers combined offer more HD channels that Direct TV.

Direct TV is just about at 100 national HD channels right now. No other provider is even at 50 national HD channels yet (Dish has 39 national HD and another 20 odd regional sports networks).

The real question is what is the real HD content on those HD channels. Right now it is a mix of SD and HD. In the near term I hope to see much more HD content.

Latest posts