Driving lights

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey all, I finally got up the courage and just did this mod tonight on my '03. Works great! I snipped the tab as close as I could. Then wrapped the fuse twice around just where the tab was with electrical tape cut thinly lengthwise. Also, a thin piece on the fuse box covering where the tab used to go in. :supercool:

I have thought about this mod pretty much every night driving home for years. I drive a 13 mile stretch(55mph) through a rolling hillside. All woods right up to the road and not 1 street light. Also, lots of wildlife like to jump out of nowhere. I'm also lucky if I see 1 or 2 other vehicles. I use my high beams often but, it takes away my fogs that lighten up the sides of the roadway right in front of the ST.

I'm not sure if it's legal where I live. I'll just have to be sure to cut the high beams off when I reach town like usual. I really don't think it's a big deal in my area. Anyway, I feel much safer now. Next up- SilverStar Ultra's

Thanks to all on this forum. Especially Brian D for the write-up in the project section :haveabeer:

What kinda bulbs are you using? I switched to Sylvania ultras and noticed a big improvement. If you haven't yet you should consider it.

believe it or not-I still have the original headlight bulbs in. A year or so ago I changed the fog light bulbs when one burnt out to Sylvania Silver Stars(not ultra though). They are fine. I'm sure my headlight bulbs are getting dimmer over the years or at least that's what I hear happens. I have the Sylvania Silver Strar Ultra's saved on my Amazon wish list for a rainy day.

Latest posts