EDIT: INFO ONE OF THE SADIST DAYS OF MY LIFE.. THE LAST Sport Trac Has been built !!! PLZ READ !!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Folks,

I am sad to announce the LAST sport trac Has been Built.....

I am working on Details if it was an XLT or v6, options and Time and exact date.

Please join me in a moment of silence to remember the BEST DAM TRUCK ever built...

I will surly miss the ST but the passion and desire will live on FOREVER !!!!!

I know I am a Grown man, But I just want to Cry........

RIP ST........ :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

INFO:

Hi Todd,

The last Sport Trac was produced at Louisville Assembly Plant on 10/29/2010 at 15:22:00. This Limited Sport Trac was a 4.0L 4x2 unit in a White Suede exterior and a Camel interior. The Limited options were enhance with a voice activated navigation system and a moonroof.

As the truck rolled off the assembly line, many of the plant's employees were there watching a piece of history go by. After the photo that I sent earlier, the Sport Trac was on its way to Crossville Ford Lincoln Mercury in Crossville Tennessee.

I left the pic big so It can be downloaded and printed... I also uploaded a 7MB pic too in my library if you want a super quality pic to download....

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
It is truly a sad day..

I will not be able to get a new one now.. and I miss my 2001 Job 1 that is sitting in CT while I am in Denmark.

I do hope this Sport Trac goes to a good home. and is kept on the road for a very long time..

None of the Sport Trac built should be taken off the road and not driven.. It should be driven everyday for many years to come..

See everyone soon..

It looks as if I will not own another new one either and now I appreciate the one I have even more R.I.P. To the best SUT ever made. :love:

As I replied to Todd's Facebook post: In August, 2000, my wife saw this Toreador Red ST on the lot and just had to have it (which is very uncharacteristic of her). Ten years later, she still doesn't want to part with it -- nor do I! Ford had a good thing with the ST -- too bad they didn't think it fit into their product lineup anymore. :cry:

It is truly sad. When I first saw the ST in the early 2000's I knew its what I always wanted. Took me a few years later to get one and now I will never get to see a new one produced. What a sad day. :cry:

After floating between compact trucks and half tons for a decade, I finally got my first ST. A loaded 03 dot 4wd. Bought in NY and traded at Vernie Jones Ford in GA. I flirted with another half ton and traded that for my 08 Adrenalin. I fell in love with the adrenalin concept truck and I swore that if they built it, I would buy it. It was a goal of mine for years. I'm now on my third ST and second Gen 2 STA.

I worry about someone steeling it, hitting me and other things of that nature. I worry because I can't replace this truck with another new one. The perfect size and utility vehicle for me and my family.

My new STA will see my home interior renovation from studs and joists to brand new. It will see every visit to the doctor with my wife. On April 17th 2011 it will bring home our first new born baby from the hospital.

I love this truck and I am concerned about the vehicle that has to fill it's shoes later.

So long Sport Trac.

When Ford made the ST with 4 wheel independant suspension, I said it would not be built more more that 3 years. 2007 was the first year and 2010 was the last year.

Ford could have done the ST right by using it to help design the replacement Ranger. Unfortunatly, it did not turn out that way.

So long ST, but in my opinion, production really ended in 2005.

Tom

Yes, there is truely saddness here on this site today. I feel it is only fitting to have the next STOTW be black whether it is a gen. 1 or gen. 2 ST. :sad::cry::sad:

I partially agree with Tom, but not on the independant suspension. I feel that putting the rear axle through the frame was a huge mistake; that and not putting it on a truck frame.

We love out '01 ST even with all its little quirks. Most versitle vehicle we have ever owned. We do not know what choices we will have when we have to replace our ST, but you can guarentee that it will not be with a F-150 because that is just way too much truck for us.

Looks like I'm just going to have to keep refitting my 2001 again and again, because the auto world will never see its like.

I've been shopping around, looking at other offerings, and I just don't feel comfortable in ANYTHING! Car/Truck/SUV/SUT... Nada! The ST is JUST RIGHT, and it has spoiled me rotten for anything else. Even Ford's 2011 line is driving me nuts! They've designed everything except the Rangers and the F150s so that you're always sitting down in a claustrophobic pocket because of the center console. I'm a pretty husky guy, and I just can't find the room I need to be comfortable in that.

Either they want to sell you a coffin-sized cabin, or a grand ballroom. The ST filled the midrange gap perfectly, and now the dummies have gone and shut the line down.

DAMN THEM!

We do not know what choices we will have when we have to replace our ST, but you can guarentee that it will not be with a F-150 because that is just way too much truck for us.

Me feeling exactly. The fact that they are putting a great V-6 engine in the F-150 doesn't make it a mid size truck. I don't need a huge truck, the ST is perfect for my occasional hauling needs. Eventually it my St will need to be replaced and by then STs will be long gone...:boohoo::sad:

I'm really proud to be a part of your Sport Trac family. Everyone I've met and have conversed with here has been beyond reproach. We can honor our "friend" by carefully maintaining, lovingly clean and use it for what it was intended all along. For me, it was the right vehicle at the right time. I wish I could trade up to that 2010 limited on my dealers lot, but I just can't right now. Who knows what the future will bring us? I'm spoiled because of my Trac and don't believe I would want something much different in the future. Ranger? Its truly a shame that Ford never really promoted this vehicle, its production numbers were low and they killed it. :cry: We are truly the lucky few that have experienced a such a unique vehicle. Sport Trac, you will be sorely missed. Maybe Ford will see the error of its way after today, who knows? Respectfully, Bob Caffyn

I'm very sad, too.

Before the ST, I had never owned any one vehicle more than four years. My Sport Trac recently celebrated it's 10th birthday.

On the bright side: We all now own a truck that has the makings of a classic!

Rich you are right we may have us a classic here,I have never owned a vehicle this long I bought it brand new in December of 2002 and now she had 102,000 miles on her. I just wish that I was in position to buy another new one now but I plan to (maybe) trade mine for a gently used one in a year or so if I can part with it... Rich I would also like to say THANK YOU for making this site which has made us all a Sport Trac family !!

SAD indeed. :sad:

Except for the performance cars (toys) I have built. My '04 Trac has been the most enjoyable ride ever. When the wheels fall off of it. I hope Ford comes to their senses with a replacement..:banghead:

Latest posts