EDIT: INFO ONE OF THE SADIST DAYS OF MY LIFE.. THE LAST Sport Trac Has been built !!! PLZ READ !!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We all knew it was coming, but this sort of makes me want to puke.:cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
The first time I saw the ST I knew I had to have one. Bought my 2004 brand new and its the best thing I have ever driven. Sure I took it off the road for awhile but I used to always check up on it in the garage and make sure it was still there. Its back on the road now and its like it never missed a day.

I will do everything I can to look after it and keep it... Just finished paying it off and you can bet I won't getting rid of it.

TRAC owner forever.

Whit

Just like Chris - I knew as soon as I saw my 1st ST on the dealer lot in 2004 that it was the perfect compromise vehicle for me with 2 active boys and unending home improvement projects. I could move large loads like bringing home a refrigerator freezer or the whole gangs bicycles and it still fit nicely in my garage!

I replaced the 2004 with a more loaded 2007, then two years later I went for a 2010 ST-A, knowing they were going to discontinue my favorite ride.

Now the kids are older, but the home improvement projects show no sign of slowing down. I plan to keep my ST-A for another 10 years, and I hope by then a better vehicle is in the offing, 'cause it doesnt exist today.

:driving:

I'm there with ya Chris27. Bought mine used but I'm not getting rid of it. Gonna try to keep it till I die because I love it (Im only 20 so this thing better last me a long time). lol. My girlfriend doesnt understand the concept of a vehicle. She says "It's just a truck." But it's not just that. It's apart of you and your life. Ford:driving:

Hi Todd,

The last Sport Trac was produced at Louisville Assembly Plant on 10/29/2010 at 15:22:00. This Limited Sport Trac was a 4.0L 4x2 unit in a White Suede exterior and a Camel interior. The Limited options were enhance with a voice activated navigation system and a moonroof.

As the truck rolled off the assembly line, many of the plant's employees were there watching a piece of history go by. After the photo that I sent earlier, the Sport Trac was on its way to Crossville Ford Lincoln Mercury in Crossville Tennessee.

Todd Z

So I certainly don't want to hijack this thread, but my Adrenalin was built just a few days before that. Any way to find out details of the last Adrenalin to roll off the line?

This is a sad day for the best all around truck that I have ever owned. I always loved the Ranchero, and was sad for it's last year, '79, because of it's uniqueness and I feel the same way about the Trac. It is different and it always will be, maybe that is what helped it die, most people do not like different. I am so glad that I traded for my new '10 so that I can hold on to one longer. Hopefully Ford will come up with something else. This is good bye to a great friend that is loved by so many..............GOOD BYE FOR THE FANTASTIC "SPORT TRAC"........WE LOVE YOU.......

I've held out hope that they'd change their strategy, but I guess it's time to let that go.

It sure would have been nice to be able to order my very own 2nd Gen Adren (with my name on the sticker, like Todd & Rachel's truck), but I guess I'll have to let that dream go too.

I'm keeping mine for as long as I possibly can. It has just been the most wonderful vehicle I (or anyone in my family) have ever owned. My parents ask to borrow it all the time and when I considered selling it off a few months ago, my Dad jumped at the chance to take it off my hands. I think he was disappointed when my mom said "NO!"

Anyway they convinced me to keep it (although it didn't take much discussion) partly because THEY love the truck so much too. My brother bought an '03 Ford Escape because he wanted a Sport Trac but couldnt afford one, so he figured it was the next best thing.

I get asked questions by other customers every time I go for an oil change and I've been stopped in Mall parking lots dozens of times by people wanting to know about the truck. They are usually full of compliments too.

The only bad thing I've ever heard about the Sport Trac was right after I bought it. A lady I worked with said, "My husband says its a girl's truck." I can't imagine the scowl on my face, but I'm pretty sure he changed his tune when he saw mine parked beside theirs at a staff party because he told me how rugged it looked and wished he could do the same to theirs.

ANYWAY, RIP to a great truck, a reliable friend, and a sexy beast.

We do not know what choices we will have when we have to replace our ST, but you can guarantee that it will not be with a F-150 because that is just way too much truck for us.

Couldn't agree more...

Sad day indeed... I also knew the 1st time I saw the Trac, that it was the perfect vehicle for me. I don't need or want a full-sized truck. Not sure what my next vehicle will be.

RIP SportTrac... :boohoo:

And here's to you Ford, for your great decision. :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:

I would also like to point out that one of the things that has made my ST so enjoyable over the years is this board. Having a forum to sound off idea's and issues that I have with my Trac makes me feel more involved.

Plus its amazing that everyone here gets long and its not like alot of boards out there.

Everyone on here is a true enthusiast and I am happy to be part of this group also!

Cheers

Whit

A guy stuck his head into my office yesterday (my one office is next to a barber shop) and asks if that's my Sport Trac outside. I say yes, he asks if he can take a look at it. Allows that he's had two regular Explorers, due for another one, and thinking about a Sport Trac. I said hurry up if you want a new one because they just built the last one last Friday. He said okay. Maybe the Ford dealer up the road will send me a check. :grin:

QUOTE So who is gonna buy the last one?

http://apps.dealerconnection.com/dealers/crossville/new-inventory?Year=2010&inv-radio=on&VehicleType=all〈=en&vehicle=sport-trac

I just searched the link and the LAST ASSEMBLED Sport trac has been sold :boohoo::boohoo:

Latest posts