Effect of replacing rotors without replacing pads

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Caymen, if I used the "player hater" quote in the past to rationalize my bad behavior, feel free to find me the quote, and I will be the first to eat virtual crow.

You used it to rationalize CEO's bad behavior.

Again, read my last post.

Tom

I am VERY MUCH disturbed by people on this website that describe their unethical and often times illegal behavior and then, when called on it, feel compelled to rationalize and justify it.

So goes the work of us mere humans. This is not new- sin has been going on since the time of Adam and Eve.

sigh...

Caymen,

My panties are not in a wad, and I am not upset at your actions. Like TJR, I could care less.

My only comment is that when questioned about your ethics, you try to justify it like a 2 year old, and appear to enjoy the attention.

If anyone is upset it is you. You continue to twist and turn what you said to make if look better than it is, or to minimize your questionable ethics because other have done far worse. That really sounds like someone with a very serious denial problem. Lying and cheating can be addictive just like alcohol and drugs, and they do the same song and dance that they don't have a problem, or other people have far worse problems.

Do you think the CEO's and CFO's of Enron were always totally ethical and just decided one day to change their ethics to bring down Enron? They were ethicly flawed long before they became CEO's or CFO's. Im sure that it started out at a young age cheating at Checkers, or Monopoly games and grew more serious as their power and influence grew. They saw loopholes in the law and exploited them when the opportunity presented itself.

The only reason you are not classified in the same leage as some of the more infamus CEO's, CRO's, or Bernie Madoff is just a lack of opportuinity. My guess is if you were Madoff or the CEO of Enron, you would be doing the same unethical things they did.

The fact that you show no remorse for your actions and keep trying to justify your behavior while trying to accuse others of unethical conduct. That does not sit well with a lot of folks here even if they did not respond to this thread. Just simply admitting you were wrong would go a long way in establishing your credibility, but I think that would be like a dagger in the heart of your huge inflated ego.

...Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
This is really fun. You guy got your panties twisted over nothing. Seriously...NOTHING!

This is still fun...

The fact that you show no remorse for your actions and keep trying to justify your behavior while trying to accuse others of unethical conduct. That does not sit well with a lot of folks here even if they did not respond to this thread. Just simply admitting you were wrong would go a long way in establishing your credibility, but I think that would be like a dagger in the heart of your huge inflated ego.

Two things come to mind...

One, I am not doing anything wrong.

Two, I would miss out on getting you all worked up.

So, yea my ego is inflated because I got you all worked over nothing...

Tom

p.s. Get it? Huh Huh?

Caymen,

You are just trying to dodge the issue. Nobody cares if you have no ethical spine.

If you don't care what people think about your ethics and honesty, then just don't bother responding to this thread anymore...You simply try to change the subject or make peope mad. Some of us are getting wise to you. That's not going to work any more.

Actually I find it very funny that you are squirming, pretending it does not bother you, but you just keep squirming and trying to put your own weird twist to everyghing.

You can continue to rave on this thread, but I have no more comments to make to you. So you can stew in your own juices, all by yourself.

...Rich

Such language here: "panties", "juices", "pads", "wad", "squirming", etc.

I thought this was supposed to be a family forum?

:smile0015::smile0014::smile0015::smile0014::smile0015::smile0014:

Richard L,

You are worked up over NOTHING...get it? NOTHING!!!

Relax. I have ethical spine, but I also like to play games.

Tom

You are worked up over NOTHING...get it? NOTHING!!!

Relax. I have ethical spine, but I also like to play games.

:smile0015:So this was all to screw with people?:smile0009: It didn't sound like something you would do.:smile0014:

Yeah, I "get it" now, but originally I thought you were doing something wrong (returning brake pads) and then it turns out you were just "playing games" which is screwed up, too. Returning the brake pads would have been wrong, but so is what you call "play(ing) games" - something I thought you wouldn't have done. Usually you are stating your beliefs or helping out. Sorry, but I don't think your joking (if you can call it that) worked.

:smile0008:

I do return brake pads when they wear out. That is part of the warranty. I do not return them when I sell the vehicle. I keep the oem pads as emergency back-up if someone needs them or my pads fail at a really bad time.

Tom

Caymen,

Right. I gotcha now. I now know where you are coming from.

And, read Mookie's last post. He does in fact "get it".

I think this latest "I was just pulling your leg" move was just another in a long line of denial and deflection of any wrong-doing.

The way I see it is that a man of conviction would simply say "Yeah, I do it...and I don't give a crap!", and not have to rationalize the behavior to his friends once he recognizes it to be wrong in the poll of public opinion. Or, a man of character might actually grow and recognize that what he was doing is wrong and then simply state "I never looked at it that way...I guess I won't be doing that again." You did neither.

I don't think for a minute it was you pulling our legs. It happened too "off the cuff" in your first reply and too early in the thread, and without you responding for some time for your original comment to truly have been bait.

But whatever allows you to sleep at night, I guess...

TJR

I think this latest "I was just pulling your leg" move was just another in a long line of denial and deflection of any wrong-doing.

-5 for TJR.

I joke about doing this to see peoples reactions, but this something I would not do.

Relax. I am not making this up, but of course, you guys will believe what you want to believe.

Tom

mookie gets it, let see if I get it.

1. First Caymen says he immediately installs new pads on his new vehicle, uses those pads and when he gets ready to sell his vehicle, he reinstalls the original OEM brake pads the vehicle came with. He then takes the worn pads back to the autoparts store saying "He was not happy with them" and gets a full refund.

2. When members here question Caymen's ethics in taking worn parts back for a refund the squirming begins as he tries to defend his actions in multiple posts saying that CEO's stole from their employee. yada, yada, yada. etc. (I won't bore you with Caymen's full song and dance routine, but you can read it all in the posts above)

3. After Caymen finds out that other peoples unethical behaviour is not a valid excuse for his lack of ethics, he changes his story. Now Caymen says he lied and was just pulling our legs about taking the worn brake pads back for a refund.

So to recap, Caymen first admitted to unethical behavior by getting a full refund for returning worn brake pads. Then he admitted he lied about taking the brake pads back for a refund.

Since Caymen has admitted to being a liar and admitted to unethical behaviour, how do we tell which of his statements is a lie. Did he lie about being unethical, or did he lie to cover up for his unethical behaviour? Oh well, what's the difference, since lying is also unethical. So a liar is a liar, is a liar.

So, yes Mookie get's it, Now I get it, and I imagine everybody get's it now.

...Rich

Latest posts