Extended Warranty: yes or no

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
read the fine print too, we just bought a used Mazda MPV and the dealer tried to get me to buy the extended warranty for $1800 3 year 60K because it covers seals and gaskets and my mechanic would have an "open Check-book" when I bring it in for repairs. It took me 3 times that I asked to see the small print. The fine print states that only $2000 total will cover transmission and $3000 cover engine, only $500 covered for an emergency repair if you can't get ahold of the service center. $100/deductible per claim (some say if 2 things are wrong at once you'll pay $200, not sure if that's true or not). Seals and gaskets are only covered if it causes a catostrophic engine malfunction and only good for 150K on the odometer (there were 127K on it when we bought it). So no preventative maintenance covered, if you have a leaking gasket and want to get it fixed, you're on your own. Not saying this would be the case in yours, but might want to verify. They were inflating the coverages so I'm glad I read into it.

Latest posts