extreme cold temperatures!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaun Tucker

Reaction score
Holy crap!

-20 celcius here today, only to get colder as the week plays out! They say your skin can freeze if exposed to the air for a few too many minutes.

I'm gonna have to find a place to plug the Trac in every night. :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to drop my daughter off the Logan Airport in Boston this morning. I left the house at 4:00AM and it was 31. When I got back to my house at 6:15AM it was 14. :eek:

That's only -4F. ;) Shouldn't need a plugin until you get to -10 to -20F(~ -25C). :blink:

Coldest weather in a couple of years here too. 0F this morning, and -8F for tonight, with a high of 0F tomorrow... Brrr.... :wacko:

Since you are north of me, I'm going to assume you are going to see even colder temps too.

Global warming ???? :D:D:D

We are going to be in the Neg with wind chills here, Nothing in the NEG for a regular temp...

I was in Rosco NY yesterday, Dam that was cold... LOL...

The cold doesn't bother me, I would rather it cold then hot....

Todd Z

Todd Z,

Did you eat at the world famous Roscoe Diner?

As for the cold not bothering you, my friend, also a built like me, says this is "Big guy" weather; because us big guys don't sweat in it. Seems we are move evolved for this climate change.

TJR

just an FYI...

a tip for those who don't garage in this cold weather......

Prior to starting your vehicle....push in the cigarette lighter, when it pops out....then start your vehicle.

Reason.....as the electrons travel from neg. plate to pos. plate this causes the electrolyte to thaw (the electrolyte is slush at 18 degrees) and the more it is thawed the easier it is for the electrons to travel from plate to plate....thus allowing for more cold cranking amps and an easier and quicker start.

I think he meant -18 degrees. And I have no idea where my cigarette lighter is. I haven't seen it since shortly after we bought it 6 years ago.

And after the lighter pops out, hold it against the windshield to thaw the ice.....It is cold, though- plunged into the high 60s here this morning- Brrrr!

I was going to post a thread tomorrow morning w/ pictures of the temp gauge in my truck starting from yesterday. It was -19F on my way in yesterday, -8 this morning and they are saying its going to be -25F tomorrow (all temps are w/o windchill). One town in MN yesterday was at -67F w/ windchill, another was -43F actual temperature.

Whats funny is International Falls, MN and Fraser Colorodo got into some lawsuits because they both used the term "ice box of the nation" (Intl Falls won, (they provided proof they used it first). But the funny part is that it was +25F in Fraser, and -30F in International Falls yesterday. GO MN:banana::banana::banana:

OK TJR...............

because you've never heard it before...that means its bunk!.....good for you!

Try it....it works..............been doing this for over 35 years!

Bob

Andy--

Doesn't it just make your skin crawl when some of those east coast wimps whine about how "cold" their weather is? Like on New Year's Eve in Times Square, when everyone on TV was whining about how "cold" it was--even though the temp was a balmy +19, and the wind chill was an equally balmy +1? Pathetic... :lol:

Bill,

I had a customer call in from Illinois yesterday and he was saying the cold weather was coming their way, it was going to hit 0. I laughed and told him we are not even going to make it to 0 in the next 3 days. I also heard we are on a windchill advisory unitl noon TOMORROW!!! Only in MN can it by -30 and 6 months later be over 100F