Favorite Toys Growing Up (No Video Games)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tinker Toys, Erector Sets, and Legos were all good--but for me and anyone else with a budding interest in engineering and/or architecture (often before we even realized that was the case), nothing beat a Kenner Panel and Girder set...

[Broken External Image]:

If adding the Mattel Electronic Sports games to the list, then I've got to add in:

- RealSports Basketball

- Blip

- Merlin

- Simon

- Tomy Digital Derby

TJR

The guided missle truck was the best Christmas present ever. Us three boys would take turns shooting at anything we could. Then Mom would yell to stop shooting at things!

Why did they give it to us if we weren't supposed to shoot it?

hmmmm......

buzz

When I was 6 I received a "Have Gun Will Travel" gun and holster. It also had a card holder with Palladin business cards in it. That was my most favourite gift of my life. I have a picture somewhere with that gun and holster.

We had a big family and my Dad was a R/Sgt Major in the Army. We didn't get a lot of presents but I sure loved that gun and holster. I still love guns and holsters oddly enough. :D

Gerry Mac

They didn't have electronic games when I was growing up. The closest thing I had to electronic game was a portable small reel-to-reel tape recorder that had 2-3" reels.

Ducan butterfly yo-yo

Lite-brite

Cliffhanger race track

Lego castle

Play Mobile castle

G.I. Joe

Transformers

I guess I'm a pack-rat. Here are some that I still have. Lone Ranger and Tonto, bicycle bell, metal squirt gun, and a handle bar toy for your bike.

[Broken External Image]:

IMO, my best post ever ! Feel good memories from a simpler time.

THANKS ALL !!! YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME !!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was 6 I received a "Have Gun Will Travel" gun and holster. It also had a card holder with Palladin business cards in it. That was my most favourite gift of my life. I have a picture somewhere with that gun and holster.

I had one of those plus the Rifleman's rifle. I think it shot caps.

Lego's, Construx, Roll Caps, Model Cars and Matchbox/Hot-wheels (still collect these- pretty much only Ford ones).

Lego's were probalby my favorite though. My dream is to have a room in my house that is like the train rooms some people have where you can pop up in the middle of the tracks, but instead have it all lego's.

I had one of those plus the Rifleman's rifle. I think it shot caps.

I had a James West Gun that shot plastic bullets (spring loaded). I lost them all (6) in the grass the first day!

LOL!! (BUT I LOVED IT! AND The Wild Wild West)

Lionel trains!

My father bought out most of a Hobby shop that was going out of business model train inventory and for the next 4 or 5 years every birthday and Christmas brought me new cars, engines and accessories!

I swear he had as much fun with them as I did!

Greg

Favorites have to be the guns from the TV westerns - Rifleman's rifle, Wanted Dead or Alive sawed off Winchester with holster and the Fanner 50.

Erector Set

Model airplanes from WWII.

Pump action BB gun.

I remember my first BB Gun was a Crossman 760 with a real wood stock and grip. Wow, the "speed of sound" if you pumped it 25 times or so.

Naturally, being a kid, I pumped it 50 times. Twice as fast, right? NOT!!!

I was trying to top my older brother's Benjamin CO2 powered air rifle. Not even close, although he spent ALL his allowance on CO2 cartridges. That thing could rip a pellet through a steel coffee can.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who had the Big Jim with the Stunt cycle, had a rod with it about 4' longthat you put on the rear wheel and could push it around or just give a good shove and watch it jump ramps and such?

All brands of plastic models including the snap togethers. A couple of my favorites was the USS Enterprise with blinking lights, the USS constellation, and the Mongoose vs Snake set.

TJR

I didn't think anyone else had a TCR, why have they not brought that one back, had the little thumb switch on the controller you would flip to change lates, no slots just all out racing, we'd have all the kids in the neighborhood show up on Saturday about noon to watch the weekly race, Sometimes we were at Daytona, then Talladega, North Wilkesboro great times.

No one has mentioned big wheels

I had a toy once called night flight that had a helicopter on a wire attached to the top of a control tower that you controlled with a wired remote (say that 3 times fast). It had lights and glow in the dark markings and you had to maneuver around and pick up things and drop them off in other spots.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Gavin- You're making up for it now, aren't you buddy?

I think YOU possess one of the NICEST ST's I've EVER seen! Very SIC bro! :p (I'm green with envy)