Favorite Toys Growing Up (No Video Games)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swshawaii

Staff member
1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
2 wheel drive
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
Another "whacky" post to display the diverse nature of you ST fanatics.

Reason I exclude video games are the sheer number of specific titles.

My personal favorites were the Wham-O "Frisbee" and "Turbo Tube".

This should be fun. Don't fear showing your age, we are all still growing up.

Please DO NOT answer anything pertaining to Sport Trac's ! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here mine are, in no particular order:

- Evil Knievel Stunt Cycle

- Battleship

- Smash Up Derby

- Stretch Armstrong

- G.I. Joe, with headquarters, foot locker, parachute, raft

- Big Jim with Action RV

- Action Jackson

- Star Trek, D.C. Heroes, and Marvel Heroes action figures by Mego

- Crosmann pellet gun

Oh, and I forgot:

- Six Million Dollar Man

- Creepy Crawlers

- Lego

- Tinker Toys

- Lincoln Logs

- Erector set

tjr,

forgot gi joe.

the orignal, with all the accessories was great.

Aww man, by the time I was born almost all the toys were electronic. But I would probably have to go with Lego and HotWheels/Matchbox Car's....Almost all of the toys that TJR listed, I have never even heard of before:lol: Feel so young

Cool stuff guys. As I said, diverse. And you STILL love your cars, big and small.

Tom, you must have been every kids best friend ! ;)

Built a bunch of model cars and planes, the lionel train set(and Plasticville) and the HO and AFX car sets. My dad put a big linoleum sheet up in the attic and my brother and I would spend hours up there setting up different layouts. Good times...:)

I had a Knight Rider big wheel with a lever to lock up the rear wheels!! I wore that thing out, it had holes in thw plastic wheels...Oh, to be a kid again....

Strat-o-matic baseball

- Big Jim with Action RV

Don't forget there was also a Big Jeff w/arm chopping action - could split that tree because that was an important thing to do.

Slip N Slide - was always best when playing a game of hotbox or pickle and putting a base at the end of the slide.

Wiffle ball (just picked up 4 bat/ball combos at CVS last night for $.69 each - what a bargain for me!

This is really feel good stuff, thanks guys !

Tom- Agree with you regarding the Sixties/Seventies toys, build quality was "bullet proof".

IMO, the loudest and most obnoxious of all were the "Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots". As a child, getting attention was the most important thing. Today, as "adults" we install Flowmaster, Magnaflow, Borla Exhaust Systems, or aftermarket Air Intakes. Isn't louder ALWAYS better? Your under dash Pioneer Supertuner with a "booster" and Jensen 6 X 9 Triaxials sounded better than "The Who" or "Led Zep", front row center @ 140 DB SPL. Huh, what? Can't hear you!

The Sixties/Seventies were an amazing time growing up. Civil rights, war, drugs, etc.

Aside from the tragedies, the most influential music that changed the world. (Beatles, etc.)

Peace.

Oh, wait....

I forgot all the models I put together:

- Aurora Monster series (Dracula, Wolveman, Frankenstein)

- Aurora Superheroes (Batman, Robin, Superman, Spiderman)

- Star Trek ships of all kind

- Revell and Monogram cars and trucks like you wouldn't believe...

and, oh, back to toys:

- Lite Brite

- Viewmaster

- Toss Across

- Kerplunk

Dang TJR, what kind of a toy did you not have:lol:

I was born in the '90's so I wouldnt know about the toys of '60's and '70's. But its really cool to see how the toys have changed so much. I think PSP's will be baby's first toys pretty soon.:lol:

My list looks almost IDENTICAL to TJR's list.

Had a ball with Evil Knievel Stunt Cycle, Man, we set up jumps, ramps, off the stairs, off the roof....

That was a fun toy.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JfS-C-UUMrs&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JfS-C-UUMrs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Real surprised nobody mentioned "Slot Cars". DELETE

Mike Deege listed HO and AFX smaller scale slot cars previously, among others.

i build, in my machine shop useless stuff like this, device that tranfers power around corners.

[Broken External Image]:

took me 6 mos to get it to work:(

Bill- Wish I sat next to you in Science class! :lol:

Latest posts